Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The towns that make up her constituency are: Maidenhead, Bray and Wargrave.

So we have a town that is olde time jargon for the hymen. A town named after the favourite activity of Tory backbenchers. A town that sounds like a Remembrance Day theme park.

I think they will be Tory right up until we get the guillotines out.

My brother lives in Wargrave and votes her in blindly.The last time I spoke to him about it he said that he only votes for her because he can't vote for labour. And then went on to say that she helped a lot of people  in the constituency when a major employer closed.

Both my brother and sister in law lost their jobs. My brother was out of work for a few months. Some help.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Nonsense. He's playing a super smart long game. You'll see. You'll all see. Everyone will be chanting his name like they did at that conference.

Whether we're chanting it voluntarily or not is another matter.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I saw that decrepit old bugger's speech which had completely the opposite effect on me.

He's no longer living in the real world. His brain died about 20 years ago - he doesn't know whether he's in Weyms Bay or Bombay.

I think Senor Sanchez agrees with you.

Today I got to see Dennis Skinner speak in parliament for the first time. If you can show footage of that to someone living in Scotland and they still want to be in the UK, the game's up.
It was sad to see.

Skinner was always someone who generally hit the nail on the head - but the years have very much caught up with him.

Corbyn is on record saying that Labour will respect the 2016 result. He doesn't back the deal May has produced. So he's either Customs Union or No Deal on Brexit. CU is the bare minimum for parties like the SNP and LDs because they have been consistent since the morning after the vote. A good number of Labour voters in Barnsley and Burnley wouldn't stick with them if they went for CU. Soft Tories won't jump to a Corbyn government the way they would have to Blair. Basically the 2 main parties fell over themselves to say they'd respect the vote and now they're struggling badly. 

The problem is that too many politicians are scared of the thick as pigshit part of the electorate who think that being out of the Single Market and the Customs Union was what was agreed with the original vote.

If there had been a soft Brexit deal on the table then a large majority of the electorate - Remainers and Brexiters would have happily accepted.

I honestly wish they'd stand up to these gammon b*****ds and call them out for what they are.

Corbyn prattling on about May failing the people of this county, his preferred option remaining in a SM/CU. That isn’t what the ‘people’ voted for either unfortunately. The chances of a ‘soft brexit’ are long gone. Completely dishonest and disingenuous from someone who is a long-term EU opponent. Given that he would be unlikely to win a Vote of confidence against her, he can pretty much say what he likes in opposition without really believing it or having a realistic chance of having to deliver it. A shameless, duplicitous shyster. At least May was open about her support, in wanting to remain in the EU.

26 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It was sad to see.

Skinner was always someone who generally hit the nail on the head - but the years have very much caught up with him.

Dennis Skinner is 86 years old.  Should some of that age *really* be an MP?

Corbyn prattling on about May failing the people of this county, his preferred option remaining in a SM/CU. That isn’t what the ‘people’ voted for either unfortunately. The chances of a ‘soft brexit’ are long gone. Completely dishonest and disingenuous from someone who is a long-term EU opponent. Given that he would be unlikely to win a Vote of confidence against her, he can pretty much say what he likes in opposition without really believing it or having a realistic chance of having to deliver it. A shameless, duplicitous shyster. At least May was open about her support, in wanting to remain in the EU.

The Leave campaign promised “all the benefits of being an EU member” so presumably they do want CU/ SM access.