Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Nissan cancelling production of the new x trail in Sunderland

I wonder what those assurances were that the Government gave to Nissan way back just after the referendum ?

Not really looking worth the paper they might have been written on, right now.

46 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I wonder what those assurances were that the Government gave to Nissan way back just after the referendum ?

Not really looking worth the paper they might have been written on, right now.

Could just be the drop in demand for diesel. If it was Brexit related it would seem a bit daft to announce it a few weeks before knowing if there will be a deal. 

25 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/Brexit_preparations.png

Good to see Tory allocation for Brexit being proportionately even across the four nations.

Tbf the Scottish Office is just a secretary and a shredding machine, and some bloke who drops in to reverse what he last said occasionally.

51 minutes ago, strichener said:

The position of an idiot.

I never enter a battle of wits unless my opponent is armed, so I'll ignore the insult and let you explain to me how  17,410,742 equals 50% of 46,500,001.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/find-information-by-subject/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/electorate-and-count-information

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Are you advocating for compulsory voting?

It looks to me like he’s pointing out a fact.

Personally I don’t challenge the validity of the referendum result though I think that there should be a second one for a whole host of reasons.

What I do find distasteful are people who don’t normally bother voting coming out to express their xenophobia.  The only other way you would mobilise them is if their was a referendum on public hanging.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It looks to me like he’s pointing out a fact.

Personally I don’t challenge the validity of the referendum result though I think that there should be a second one for a whole host of reasons.

What I do find distasteful are people who don’t normally bother voting coming out to express their racism.  The only other way you would mobilise them is if their was a referendum on public hanging.

FTFY

Are you advocating for compulsory voting?
No I'm not... back in the thread a poster claimed that MP's would be reticent doing anything that upset the half of the electorate who voted Leave.

I'm merely pointing out the inaccuracy in that assertion; it's exactly the sort of sloppy, imprecise 'statement of fact' that has characterised the last two years.

No I'm not... back in the thread a poster claimed that MP's would be reticent doing anything that upset the half of the electorate who voted Leave.

I'm merely pointing out the inaccuracy in that assertion; it's exactly the sort of sloppy, imprecise 'statement of fact' that has characterised the last two years.
If you didn't vote then tough tittie. No vote, no say.

That was me. And MPs will be reticent because over half of the people that will bother their arses to vote voted to leave. The ones that don't vote literally do not matter when your weighing up how your constituents fall on the matter. So aye, pretty piss poor arguement.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Has there ever been a study done on how the people who were 16/17 in 2016 and are now eligible to vote would’ve voted? Genuine question although laced with a suspicion that “the settled will of the people” is very arbitrary.

That was me. And MPs will be reticent because over half of the people that will bother their arses to vote voted to leave. The ones that don't vote literally do not matter when your weighing up how your constituents fall on the matter. So aye, pretty piss poor arguement.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Can I remind you that the Leave vote was the outcome of an Advisory Referendum, and as such no MP is morally or legally bound to reflect the outcome of their constituency.

Now it may be that many of them ARE paying close heed to the voting figures, but if I was an MP I'd also be considering what the result would be were the vote to be held again tomorrow, with all that we know now - June 2016 seems a long time ago.

Above all I expect them to do what is best for the people of the UK, and if folk have a problem with that, then to quote someone, 'tough tittie'.

31 minutes ago, The OP said:

Has there ever been a study done on how the people who were 16/17 in 2016 and are now eligible to vote would’ve voted? Genuine question although laced with a suspicion that “the settled will of the people” is very arbitrary.

I did see this the other week...

https://www.baytrustradio.org.uk/uk/brexit-crossover-day-survey-which-claims-remain-would-now-win-fuels-controversy/