Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

14 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
14 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
Sure. A majority want to remain. Hope that helps.

52 > 48. Pretty simple. A majority want to leave.

I'm sure a "majority" would also vote for 300 paid public holidays per year, however in the real world it would destroy the country economically, hence we don't have referendums for stupid things, well, we didn't until Cameron started playing politics.

As such, it's up to our parliament to do what's best for the country and quite obviously that doesn't include walking away from our main trading partners without any sort of deal.

I'm afraid we're way beyond "winning" and "losing" here, we're also way beyond playing politics, this is the real world where real peoples jobs and livelihoods are at stake and for that reason our MP's should only be interested in doing what's best for the country and nothing else.............

The "leave means leave" lot never ever try to argue with the actual logic of a second referendum because they know they can't. People realising what this actually means? Nah. f**k it. Let's just ruin the lives of a shitload of people. Illegal funding in campaigns to help win the vote? Nah. f**k it. Let's just ruin the lives of a shitload of people.

"People knew what they were voting for" has always been a myth and most of the people saying it know it.

I'm sure a "majority" would also vote for 300 paid public holidays per year, however in the real world it would destroy the country economically, hence we don't have referendums for stupid things, well, we didn't until Cameron started playing politics.
As such, it's up to our parliament to do what's best for the country and quite obviously that doesn't include walking away from our main trading partners without any sort of deal.
I'm afraid we're way beyond "winning" and "losing" here, we're also way beyond playing politics, this is the real world where real peoples jobs and livelihoods are at stake and for that reason our MP's should only be interested in doing what's best for the country and nothing else.............
We will leave on 29th March with a slightly tweaked May deal which will guarantee the votes. People are slowly coming out in support.

May resigning is part of the deal as well.

10 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

The "leave means leave" lot never ever try to argue with the actual logic of a second referendum because they know they can't. People realising what this actually means? Nah. f**k it. Let's just ruin the lives of a shitload of people. Illegal funding in campaigns to help win the vote? Nah. f**k it. Let's just ruin the lives of a shitload of people.

"People knew what they were voting for" has always been a myth and most of the people saying it know it.

We don't need them. Do you snowflakes not remember the British EMPIRE? We ran the fucking world before, and can again.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

We don't need them. Do you snowflakes not remember the British EMPIRE? We ran the fucking world before, and can again.

Yes, that's true, Gavin "crazy horse" Williamson will wreak havoc on the open seas with our one Aircraft carrier and no support vessels. Although the Loch Linnhie and Loch Striven could be available from Cal Mac with a little notice...........

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I can't see the DUP supporting May's deal under any circumstances (much as I quite like it from a NI point of view if the alternative is No Deal). If anyone can negotiate an alternative to May's deal which will get through Parliament I'm all ears. 

Apart from getting a billion pounds for NI, which hasn't all been delivered yet, never mind spent, I think the DUP have played Brexit very badly.

You may be right about the DUP but I can see May’s dealing getting through without their support if the ERG drop their opposition.  There are enough potential Labour votes to see it over the line.

(Any Labour PM who does support it should be immediately chucked out the Labour Party but that’s a separate issue.)

I suppose it comes down to whether the hard right in the Conservative Party see it as a strategic advantage to cave now and try to regroup or whether they see it as a long game.

One thing is certain, there is not going to be any fundamental changes to the backstop.  It WILL NOT be time limited and the U.K. WILL NOT have the option of unilateral disengagement regardless of what flowery language is used.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You may be right about the DUP but I can see May’s dealing getting through without their support if the ERG drop their opposition.  There are enough potential Labour votes to see it over the line.

(Any Labour PM who does support it should be immediately chucked out the Labour Party but that’s a separate issue.)

I suppose it comes down to whether the hard right in the Conservative Party see it as a strategic advantage to cave now and try to regroup or whether they see it as a long game.

One thing is certain, there is not going to be any fundamental changes to the backstop.  It WILL NOT be time limited and the U.K. WILL NOT have the option of unilateral disengagement regardless of what flowery language is used.

As a matter of interest, how many Labour PMs do you think there are? :whistle

13 minutes ago, btb said:

Another Tory minister resigns, one George Eustice who stood as a candidate for UKIP in the '99 Euro Elections (!) due to May possibly reconsidering an extension to A50.

It really isnt a functioning government anymore