Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You know what I mean.

The whole of the UK in a customs union with the EU rather than just NI.

Why not just stay in the EU instead of being forced to accept rules we don't get any part in the decision making? Seems a bit silly. But if that's what the Working Class think. then fair dos.

It ends freedom of capital, allows us to properly tax multinationals, makes it possible to bring utilities and natural monopolies into public ownership, brings us out the fiscally conservative Stability and Growth pact, allows us to end the CAP, it means we can get rid of tariffs on African agricultural products and ends freedom of movement which drives down wages, conditions and reduces training opportunities.

It also increases democratic accountability and kills the prospect of TTIP stone dead.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It ends freedom of capital, allows us to properly tax multinationals, makes it possible to bring utilities and natural monopolies into public ownership, brings us out the fiscally conservative Stability and Growth pact, allows us to end the CAP, it means we can get rid of tariffs on African agricultural products and ends freedom of movement which drives down wages, conditions and reduces training opportunities.

It also increases democratic accountability and kills the prospect of TTIP stone dead.

How exactly does reducing opportunity, making everything more expensive and making millions unemployed benefit the working class?

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

IMG_4036.thumb.jpg.48145692830689e7400093547d470a96.jpg

That site suggests there’s 79 seats that require less than a 5% swing. Even if the tiny SNP majorities hold and they recover some of their lost seats then that still benefits any prospective Labour coalition. I’ve said it before but anyone seriously calling how the makeup of the next parliament will likely look is at it.

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/labour

So that's how the Government is decided. On the whims of 50-80 marginal seats. 

FPTP.  It stinks. 

That's quite a list and I hope it's authorised by the Working Class. Not sure how many think that nationalising the utilities or dropping tariffs on African agricultural products would help them tbh. 

7 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

How exactly does reducing opportunity, making everything more expensive and making millions unemployed benefit the working class?

None of those things are guaranteed to happen. Given what we know about the EU i'll take the opportunity for a clean break and a fresh start to build an economy that works for everyone.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's quite a list and I hope it's authorised by the Working Class. Not sure how many think that nationalising the utilities or dropping tariffs on African agricultural products would help them tbh. 

Cheaper bills and cheaper food would help everyone.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be tempted to say 'Be Specific and show your fucking workings' but I won't bother.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

None of those things are guaranteed to happen. Given what we know about the EU i'll take the opportunity for a clean break and a fresh start to build an economy that works for everyone.

All of these are guaranteed to happen. They're already happening in fact.

How's Brexit working out for the working class employees of Nissan and Honda?

Just now, Detournement said:

Cheaper bills and cheaper food would help everyone.

Apart from agricultural workers.I forgot to add ending freedom of capital. How would that help the hundreds of thousands of Working Class workers in the City of London producing 15% of our GDP?

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

All of these are guaranteed to happen. They're already happening in fact.

How's Brexit working out for the working class employees of Nissan and Honda?

How did the EU workout for all the manufacturing workers who lost their jobs before June 2016?

The fetishising of car manufacturing is bizarre.