Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Remain will be shiting it based on the new sky poll. 43% angry if EU elections go ahead and 30% very angry.
Also, once don't knows are taken out, majority for no deal

skynews-data-poll-sky_4630148.jpg?bypass

"Sky data snap poll"? 

Sky Data interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,295 Sky customers by SMS on 5 April 2019. 

Call me skeptical as to their models, methods and the liklihood they comply with either the British Polling Council or Royal Statistics Society guidelines. 

I, for one, am shocked that Theresa May, who has spent the best part of three years refusing to compromise, is still refusing to compromise. 

The time is most definitely up. She seems mentally incapable of receiving a fairly basic message, and needs to go now before she continues to make it worse. 

Edited by Michael W

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I, for one, am shocked that Theresa May, who has spent the best part of three years refusing to compromise, is still refusing to compromise. 

The time is most definitely up. She seems mentally incapable of receiving a fairly basic message, and needs to go now before she continues to make it worse. 

It's a tory thing that. The Thatcher woman was exactly yhe same. Pair ofstuck up cows.

Starmer on TV saying the government’s not offering any change to their position.  Labour look like they will keep plugging away; they probably want to appear reasonable.

Looking like the talks have broken down with the square route of feck all being achieved

May has to have a psychological disorder if she's refusing even to change a word in the PD, it's nearly meaningless. She's totally alienated much of her party for f**k all. Long extension for a GE and maybe ref 2 is all that's left, other than a crash out.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s almost as if the Tories don’t care if it’s a no deal at the end of the day.

Who knew?

The only thing in May’s favour is that she’s totally opposed to No Deal.

Her reasons might be entirely selfish and relate to her legacy (which is going to be pretty shitty anyway) bit nonetheless it is quite important.

17 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

It really is going to be a fascinating book when it is all done and dusted, how May, a person who seems to deeply dislike other people, public speaking, compromise and bargaining, ended up in politics let alone as PM

I steer well clear of political autobiographies and biographies.   The ones that I've even mildly browsed are usually self justifying garbage.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s almost as if the Tories don’t care if it’s a no deal at the end of the day.

Who knew?

Well, it's just that it's so blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain that they don't actually care about anyone or anything

other than themselves.   I expect little of them in their behaviour towards people on the fringes. But that "f**k business.." comment by

Boris Johnson really does illustrate that they don't give a shit about working people, or those who employ them. 

So No Deal.., so what... to Tories  ?

Edited by beefybake

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Her reasons might be entirely selfish and relate to her legacy (which is going to be pretty shitty anyway) bit nonetheless it is quite important.

I really don't think she is that opposed to No Deal, she's not really done that much to avoid one.

Edited by ayrmad

It's only two years since the media were declaring that she was the leader to unite the country under One Nation conservatism and roughly a decade since she was being hailed as some sort of sex symbol for middle England.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317800/Theresa-May-steals-conference-bash-tight-fitting-top.html

I won't post the photo. She does seem to very driven and good at focusing on detail. It's difficult to imagine any of the Tory men withstanding the abuse she has taken at the dispatch box, Cameron wouldn't have been able to handle the constant criticism.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sure Philip May and Capital International Group will be greeting all the way to the bank when his missus fucks up and a no deal goes through. 

It's only two years since the media were declaring that she was the leader to unite the country under One Nation conservatism and roughly a decade since she was being hailed as some sort of sex symbol for middle England.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317800/Theresa-May-steals-conference-bash-tight-fitting-top.html
I won't post the photo. She does seem to very driven and good at focusing on detail. It's difficult to imagine any of the Tory men withstanding the abuse she has taken at the dispatch box, Cameron wouldn't have been able to handle the constant criticism.
Ffs HB
That's one image of May that needs to leave my head immediately. Crooked boobs, it's like the red woman without the necklace

3 hours ago, beefybake said:

I steer well clear of political autobiographies and biographies.   The ones that I've even mildly browsed are usually self justifying garbage.

Well, it's just that it's so blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain that they don't actually care about anyone or anything

other than themselves.   I expect little of them in their behaviour towards people on the fringes. But that "f**k business.." comment by

Boris Johnson really does illustrate that they don't give a shit about working people, or those who employ them. 

So No Deal.., so what... to Tories  ?

Tip the boat and f**k those without life jackets.

I know there is no one amongst the EU27 who want a Hard Brexit but their patience must be running thin.

The U.K. government’s approach to the EU elections is arrogant in the extreme.

‘Yeah we might take part but maybe we won’t and if we do our MEPs might not serve the full term and you should just let us ‘cos we’re British...’

No doubt someone will correct me here.

All this anxiety over whether we will need to take part in the EU elections if cowface can't get her deal through by May 23rd is surely somewhat irrelevant. Even when a deal is agreed don't we still have to go through a 2 year transition period, when we will effectively, still be in the EU? 

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No doubt someone will correct me here.

All this anxiety over whether we will need to take part in the EU elections if cowface can't get her deal through by May 23rd is surely somewhat irrelevant. Even when a deal is agreed don't we still have to go through a 2 year transition period, when we will effectively, still be in the EU? 

If the deal goes through there's a 2 year transition but we are NOT going to be EU members at that point. Free movement and frictionless trade will continue with the UK paying £39bn for the privilege, but we won't be on the EU council or involved in EU decision making and we wouldn't be represented by MEPs.

If there's a no deal there's no transition period at all, we're just out overnight.