Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I don't disagree with any of this. It's a good post. Just pointing out that Flints constituency voted 69% leave so she's clearly going to try and respect their wishes. That's what politicians have always done.
GD, is just getting angry and name calling again.
Flint and her Iike have neither the wit or wisdom to appreciate that what is shortly about to unfold will cast a die for generations to come. Rather than do the right thing and communicate to her electorate that the majority who voted Leave are wrong and more importantly WHY they are wrong she cravenly shits the contract. God help us when the good folk of Doncaster get the idea to restore the Death Penalty, reverse the 1967 Abortion Act or overturn Equality legislation.

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

https://www.express.co.uk/

The Express is definitely my favourite batshit crazy, brexit-loving propaganda rag of choice. 

For 3 years now....each day and all day, every day.... they've produced a stream of stories which scream out 'parallel universe'. 

'EU in crisis', 'Brexit bonus', 'Remainer destroyed by...'

It's endless. If you relied solely on The Express for your news source, you would be completely under the impression that the UK was sailing off into the sunset on the back of the easiest no deal in history. 

I like how they RANDOMLY insert capitalised words into EVERY headline. Just for yet MORE sensationalism.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
49 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
I don't disagree with any of this. It's a good post. Just pointing out that Flints constituency voted 69% leave so she's clearly going to try and respect their wishes. That's what politicians have always done.
GD, is just getting angry and name calling again.

Flint and her Iike have neither the wit or wisdom to appreciate that what is shortly about to unfold will cast a die for generations to come. Rather than do the right thing and communicate to her electorate that the majority who voted Leave are wrong and more importantly WHY they are wrong she cravenly shits the contract. God help us when the good folk of Doncaster get the idea to restore the Death Penalty, reverse the 1967 Abortion Act or overturn Equality legislation.

I'll guarantee that all these 3 things were in the minds of the rabid Brexiteers and the right-wing press when the UK voted to leave. Maybe they still are. 

https://www.express.co.uk/
The Express is definitely my favourite batshit crazy, brexit-loving propaganda rag of choice. 
For 3 years now....each day and all day, every day.... they've produced a stream of stories which scream out 'parallel universe'. 
'EU in crisis', 'Brexit bonus', 'Remainer destroyed by...'
It's endless. If you relied solely on The Express for your news source, you would be completely under the impression that the UK was sailing off into the sunset on the back of the easiest no deal in history. 
The Express has always been the worst IMHO. I know the Mail can be OTT but it also has a decent record in non-EU related investigative journalism - something you couldn't say the Express does these days.

I blame Blair - it's down to him that we have so many careerist Labour politicians without a principle in their bones.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Typical thick as pigshit Northern constituency.

I'm actually going to be in Doncaster for about 20 minutes on Saturday evening as I have to change trains there between Sheffield and Kings X.   Happy to pass on any message that you have for the brain-dead, racist Northern c***s.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
23 minutes ago, O said:

I blame Blair - it's down to him that we have so many careerist Labour politicians without a principle in their bones.

Except you can't blame Blair.  The electorate gets the politicians that it deserves.  This is a universal truth.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

In red rosette on a pig territory Blair was entirely to blame for the parachuting of his acolytes into safe seats.

That they are safe seats is an electoral issue not a party leadership issue.

It really shouldn't be though - Doncaster's non-British population is only around 2.5% of the overall population with a further 1.6% of South Asian origin.  

If it has it's down to it being an old coal mining area where traditional jobs weren't replaced and some have used immigration as a scapegoat for failings by politicians.

To put it into perspective Scotland's foreign-born population is around 3.78% with Dundee (my home city) being 5.84% - immigration really shouldn't be used as an excuse.

The point is they don't want the demographic to change. Not that it has done...

This thing about "they've got no immigrants though" gets brought up all the time but it misses the point. Same as Hungary. They don't want their cities to be like Marseille or Bradford. They prefer, on balance, a homogenous society.

PS I don't agree with their view.

So which Brexit option did Flint’s constituents support?  Hard Brexit?  May’s deal?  Norway style?
Also please post the source showing that immigration was the biggest reason; I’ve not seen that.
Of course immigration was one of the main concerns. It's not rocket science. Everyone knew at the time that was a huge factor. Surely you don't need that spoon fed.

Again the same point. They voted for some form of brexit. The only thing they didn't vote for was to stay in.

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

All that wee tit Mogg is missing is the Hitler moustache. 

The BBC Lighting department did a fair old hatchet job on him the other night in that respect...

jacobreesmogg-1.thumb.jpg.716b8a76a2f4b9adf4793c5f76259c29.jpg

...Or it could be photoshopped

9 minutes ago, tirso said:

Of course immigration was one of the main concerns. It's not rocket science. Everyone knew at the time that was a huge factor. Surely you don't need that spoon fed.

Again the same point. They voted for some form of brexit. The only thing they didn't vote for was to stay in.

They voted for some form of Brexit.  It’s just as well there’s no disagreement about what that means then, eh?

You should read my post; I never suggested that immigration wasn’t a factor.

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

...Outside your wee world nobody gives a f**k, we all think your Irish...

Travel the world a bit and you soon realise Scotland's distinctiveness from England is viewed like that by a lot of people as well, and sometimes that also even applies to Irish identity.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The Tories taking Labour for mugs with an offer of a 'confirmatory referendum'.....basically taking May's deal and offering people a yes or no choice.

That's not the 2nd referendum that the vast majority of Labour members want. Many people will be appalled if Corbyn's obvious hostility to the EU is used to help push through a Tory Brexit.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, I said:
The BBC Lighting department did a fair old hatchet job on him the other night in that respect...
jacobreesmogg-1.thumb.jpg.716b8a76a2f4b9adf4793c5f76259c29.jpg

...Or it could be photoshopped

This guy looks like the child Ron Mael, keyboard player of Sparks, never knew he had.

This world’s not big enough for the two of us...

Some of those Labour MPs who have written to Corbyn opposing a second public vote could be classed as his political allies; yet there’s a bigger smattering of people who were publically condemning him as an anti-Semite just a couple of months ago.

Could they possibly have a different agenda?