Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Whilst i believe Pannick is giving a compelling appeal, notwithstanding the paper/references balls up, i have found over the years of observing that it aint over till its over.  Tomorrow's counter arguments will look to negate the points made and, where precedent is cited, to pick holes in these.  Many court cases are won or lost based on the abilities of the prosecution/defence teams to present a coherent case on behalf of their respective clients.  Sometimes the facts, even if they're staring you in the face, are argued out of court - literally.

Just an observation.

15 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Whilst i believe Pannick is giving a compelling appeal, notwithstanding the paper/references balls up, i have found over the years of observing that it aint over till its over.  Tomorrow's counter arguments will look to negate the points made and, where precedent is cited, to pick holes in these.  Many court cases are won or lost based on the abilities of the prosecution/defence teams to present a coherent case on behalf of their respective clients.  Sometimes the facts, even if they're staring you in the face, are argued out of court - literally.

Just an observation.

Trenchant insight into our adversarial legal system. 

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Just an observation.

To make a precedence to set a precedent that is the question 

21 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Just an observation.

Thought the other side were having their go after lunch, seeing as Pannick seemed to be covering both cases? Anyway, there's no jury here, just professional judges whom I'd hope would be less influenced by deflection of the facts by appealing to emotion as in a jury trial. 

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course you were. That’s why you said “judgement imminent”.

6F5BFC55-EA7F-4FDF-8316-13A096E7F38E.jpeg

"I was aware the proceedings were over 3 days.  My terminology i accept suggested it was "noo"."  Others understood, but i forgot the "others" out there draped in their union jacks

#cannygetthroughtaefannies

12 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

"I was aware the proceedings were over 3 days.  My terminology i accept suggested it was "noo"."  Others understood, but i forgot the "others" out there draped in their union jacks

#cannygetthroughtaefannies

For somebody who has just been shown to be lying, that’s a crap apology. But nevertheless, your apology is accepted with good grace.  Ya fanny.

Edited by Pet Jeden

20 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Jimmy Buchan was on tv last week with Johnson in Peterhead kissing his ring and showing him around the fish market as all the other clowns were posing for selfies with the buffoon.

Edited by dirty dingus

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Would be brilliant if the two Scottish judges returned a 'not proven' verdict

The sheer confusion this would cause (on both sides) would be hilarious to view. Unfortunately tis but a fantasy. 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not sure what statement you might be referring to here, but whatever it is, I totally agree with you.

Reckons we won't need IndyRef2 if the Lib Dems stop Brexit. Because obviously it's going to be best for Scotland to be tied to a shower of raging gammon b*****ds. 

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Reckons we won't need IndyRef2 if the Lib Dems stop Brexit. Because obviously it's going to be best for Scotland to be tied to a shower of raging gammon b*****ds. 

We won’t need IndyRef2 if we adopt the same position on Independence that the LibDems are applying to Brexit.

Do the Judges get a summary of each side's arguments and then just dip into the bundles to check sources and look at the cases and opinions? They couldn't read all the thousands of pages over a few days and properly evaluate everything. Also I noticed they were getting fed up of hearing the thoughts of academics and retired judges' commentaries in the journals and the press, and wanted the nitty gritty from actual court judgements.