Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Some are better than others.

I've had to stop watching the debate now.  Strictly's just come on  - I know my place.

Indeed. However, they are all quite capable of droning on and on without saying very much.

Just now...

"... SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford asks for a "cast iron assurance" from the prime minister that he will not attempt to bring his Withdrawal Agreement Bill, to ratify his Brexit deal, before an election. ... "

A 'cast iron assurance' from a repeated, unapologetic, and proven liar ?

7 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Just now...

"... SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford asks for a "cast iron assurance" from the prime minister that he will not attempt to bring his Withdrawal Agreement Bill, to ratify his Brexit deal, before an election. ... "

A 'cast iron assurance' from a repeated, unapologetic, and proven liar ?

I thought that what he meant was that it was to be written in the bill, I don't think anyone takes Johnson's word for it anymore.

The date is a red herring.Johnsons motion was just that an election will be held.Bojo could have quite easily called the election for Feb 2020 so we had crashed out with no deal [emoji6]

No 12th December election.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone who thinks the NHS isnt at risk from brexit is a fucking moron. Dispatches tonight should be compulsory viewing for every voter in this country.

I can’t imagine anyone thinks that.  There will be those who are worried by it, a small number delighted at the thought, and a large number who are too stupid to care.

The Brexit ‘information campaign’ has been pulled and the commemorative 50p pieces have been scrapped.

These are just two of the latest Brexit costs that are barely getting mentioned by the MSM.

A Labour Government being so profligate would be getting torn to shreds for wasting money like that.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Brexit ‘information campaign’ has been pulled and the commemorative 50p pieces have been scrapped.

These are just two of the latest Brexit costs that are barely getting mentioned by the MSM.

A Labour Government being so profligate would be getting torn to shreds for wasting money like that.

A £12.6 Billion black hole by my calculations if we throw in the Chris Grayling Ferry Line.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Diane Abbot misquoted again.

image.png.03cd67e091ac3c33c1199c4a1fd90ed5.png

Abbot is right. My MP is Labour and he spent all day on Twitter having a meltdown at the very thought of an election. If these guys lose their seats they need to look a bit closer to home rather than just blame Corbyn and Abbott. Most of the Scottish Labour MPs only got elected in 2017 on the back of Corbyn.

43 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There’s been a few on this thread over the years.

and I couldn’t be clearer. In any trade talks the NHS is not on the table, the price the NHS pays for drugs is not on the table, and the services the NHS provides are not on the table. Not ever on our watch. We love the NHS and will always protect it.

Expect to see the stars and stripes flying over A&E in 6 months then.