Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You're playing in a paddling pool you don't understand.

He's right though. WTO doesn't set tarrifs. It sets rules about Tarrifs which say that all countries need to be treated equally. 

The uk could set tarrifs at whatever level it chooses and could choose zero on half of all products and 10% on everything else so long as we charge the same to everyone. Except where there's a trade agreement in place. 

Probably best to make sure you're right before condescending? 

Just now, coprolite said:

He's right though. WTO doesn't set tarrifs. It sets rules about Tarrifs which say that all countries need to be treated equally. 

The uk could set tarrifs at whatever level it chooses and could choose zero on half of all products and 10% on everything else so long as we charge the same to everyone. Except where there's a trade agreement in place. 

Probably best to make sure you're right before condescending? 

Jesus Christ, WTO rules rather than tariffs then. Either way it's a fucking disaster.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20201211_233344.jpg.f71860523353248ac581ef3906e15862.jpg

Just casually planning to sink the French fishing fleet on New Year's Day like a very normal country.

It's ok, Shrewsbury is about as far from the sea as anywhere in the UK, he'll be fine. Just in case he googles his own name and finds it here, he takes massive bribes from Saudi Arabia to defend their atrocities in Yemen and on their own Shia population, in Parliament at every opportunity, and claimed that Britain was the only country to get nothing out of the post WW2 Marshall plan, when we got far more than anyone else. The man's a greedy idiot.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Just casually planning to sink the French fishing fleet on New Year's Day like a very normal country.

Will they go after the Belgians as well?

Belgium may resort to a 17th century charter granted by a British king to retain fishing rights in Britain’s coastal waters if London and the European Union fail to agree a trade deal by the end of this year.

With just over two months until Britain ends its transition period out of the EU, Belgium will lose access to much of the area it fishes in the North Sea if there is no deal.

46 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It gets better.

IMG_20201211_235109.thumb.jpg.314f5090f1e813f903dfa9413a3111d3.jpg

That is a bewildering front page, attacking one Royal as a paedo, showing underage Royals looking cute, and advocating war against France, all in one page.

Smaller stakes may be considered.

k tenner to a charity of either's choice. I think this is the big one, no deal brexit as hard as Begbie on Jan 1st.

I think there’ll be a fudge but what’s a bet between mates? I’ll add another tenner in charity wise. You’ll get to 50 yet, welshy.

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

You're playing in a paddling pool you don't understand. If you trade under WTO rules, you have to set tariffs for almost everything you trade.  Unless you have an agreement with your trading partner or if you decide to let a commodity in without tariffs or you're a free port and let everything in.  

I just wanted to put this comical post here for posterity, in case you delete the original.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I’m not sure what’s worse, the fact that idiots like this are responsible for making our laws or that across the length and breadth of the U.K. there will be folk nodding in agreement when they read this.

I will take some comfort from the fact that the proportion agreeing is probably a bit less in Scotland that elsewhere, but we really need to extricate ourselves from this twattery.

Edited by Granny Danger

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Our agricultural sector for instance would be enormously damaged by a zero tariff policy. 

We currently have zero tariffs on agricultural imports from the EU27. How can we simultaneously say that it would be enormously damaging to impose tariffs on this free trade, and yet at the same time say that zero tariffs are enormously damaging?

Gammon w**k bank front page on the Express. I wish they could at least get it factually correct. Fish don't belong to anyone, they are free to swim wherever the whim takes them. A cod might be in UK waters today then swim a few miles into French (for example) waters a few hours later. Does Mr Cod then suddenly become Monsieur Cod - no because it's a fucking fish ! All anyone is guarding would be UK waters, there is no such thing as UK fish.212122222_Screenshot_20201212-084026_BBC20News.thumb.jpeg.e41418179895af84eafc9888450af506.jpeg

I see the Brexit lads have decided to just sack negotiations. Don’t blame them. Who can be fucked with work when we’re getting close to 🎄 Christmas? I’m sure it’ll all work itself out in the end.

Nothing says “successful negotiations” like practicing queuing lorries on the motorway. 

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Gammon w**k bank front page on the Express. I wish they could at least get it factually correct. Fish don't belong to anyone, they are free to swim wherever the whim takes them. A cod might be in UK waters today then swim a few miles into French (for example) waters a few hours later. Does Mr Cod then suddenly become Monsieur Cod - no because it's a fucking fish ! All anyone is guarding would be UK waters, there is no such thing as UK fish.212122222_Screenshot_20201212-084026_BBC20News.thumb.jpeg.e41418179895af84eafc9888450af506.jpeg

Fish are free to go where they choose but humans aren’t. Give humans fishes rights. And footballers wages.