Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Maybe he should be looking at his warranty/guarantee/insurance - if I was replacing a £500 part that wasn't that old, I'd be making enquiries.
Some printers have parts that regularly need replaced and refuse to print until it's done. It's a right old scam.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

freight has gone up worldwide at moment ontop of all the brexit costs, its a nightmare at moment trying to order anything from anywhere

In fairness, a lot of smaller stuff, that which is sent by mail/courier, is actually carried in containers on scheduled flights, along with the luggage. The reduction in these flights, combined with increase in online business, probably does impact on shipping costs.

I commented a couple of days ago about companies taking advantage, of course some will do so, but I admit that I hadn't considered this at that time.

Europe threatens sausage trade war

We're living through a re-run of 80s sitcom "Yes, Minister".

It's clear BJs plan for NI is to hunker down and hope the EU take pity on the province.

36 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

It just shows again how incompetent the tories and BJ were that they would think that deal would be accepted in N.I

Even Sinn Fein was hinting at the loyalists before the deal you are being shafted you daft c***s

Um, I don't think it was incompetence, there were quite a few polls showing gammons would be happy to see NI (and Scotland) go if it meant they could secure Brexit - IMO it was a calculated gamble that paid off handsomely in the 2019 GE.

You're right about him shafting the DUP about a fortnight after saying there would be "No Surrender" at that years Tory Conference, how the DUP laughed at the time, as the saying goes, they're not laughing now.

I think BJ is quite happy in his role as the Lord of Misrule, safe in the knowledge he'll be gone when the brown stuff hits the fan... 

Edited by btb

26 minutes ago, btb said:

We're living through a re-run of 80s sitcom "Yes, Minister".

It's clear BJs plan for NI is to hunker down and hope the EU take pity on the province.

I understand that the Tories are to go for some kind of further extension allowing sausages and mince to continue across the trade boundary.  As I recall, there was a Yes Minister episode about the "eurosausage".... 

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I understand that the Tories are to go for some kind of further extension allowing sausages and mince to continue across the trade boundary.  As I recall, there was a Yes Minister episode about the "eurosausage".... 

The EU were going to rename the British sausage as a "high fat offal tube"

High fat offal tube is a fairly accurate description of Boris Johnson ironically enough.

57 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My old school kitchen strip light is literally on the blink. Can I just replace it with an LED tube or will it require a whole new fitting?

I'd guess that the equipment in the unit will have to be removed or somehow modified as it is specific to fluorescent tech.

It seems that the EU are calling the UK bluff on the grace period on certain imports into Norn Iron. The brexit agreement needs to be implemented by the end of June, as previously agreed or heavy tariffs and export bans on UK goods may well apply.

The Prime Minister may have carte blanche to do whatever he likes at home with that thumping majority, but in the real world it seems his policy of marking the brown demand letters coming through the door for him "gone away-not at this address" has very limited effectiveness.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/10/boris-johnson-must-respect-rule-of-law-implement-brexit-deal-eu?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other