Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Yes, obviously it needs to be unanimous for all EU countries. The Irish will never compromise so it's a non-starter 

Compromises are always "non-starters" until they happen!

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The might not say “stay” but they can engineer a situation where that is the likely outcome, or at worst the softest of Brexits.

I know it’s hard to appreciate given all that had happened but there a far more Remainers than Leavers in Parliament.

There's nobody making much of a shape to engineer this though, is there?

And how are they going to sell this to The People  (who have already had a vote, and voted Leave, and then voted for Brexiteer parties at the subsequent GE)? After all, both parties had Brexit in their manifestos at the last election, whether the individual MP is a Remainer or not.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And how are they going to sell this to The People  (who have already had a vote, and voted Leave, and then voted for Brexiteer parties at the subsequent GE)? After all, both parties had Brexit in their manifestos at the last election, whether the individual MP is a Remainer or not.

Oh yeah of little faith.  Or maybe too much faith.

Three predictions; no No Deal, no acceptance of May’s plan, EU not shifting.

See what’s left.

Most avenues have been explored, so I'd imagine it would be pretty soon. 
She may pull the trigger in a couple of weeks or she may say if final Brexit deal vote does not contain CU and   SM then she will request Section 30 order. 
That would be my feeling too - wait for the inevitable shit Brexit deal and request Section 30 at that point.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Tories ignored large swathes of their manifesto on the basis of them losing their majority- remember the dementia tax? 

They could just blame the EU for having to stay in the EU. 

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Most avenues have been explored, so I'd imagine it would be pretty soon. 

She may pull the trigger in a couple of weeks or she may say if final Brexit deal vote does not contain CU and   SM then she will request Section 30 order. 

She's going to be sectioned...?

21 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The Tories ignored large swathes of their manifesto on the basis of them losing their majority- remember the dementia tax? 

They could just blame the EU for having to stay in the EU. 

They might. But what little credibility they have would be shot to pieces. Although I suppose by the time of the next General Election a lot of people might have fotgotten all about Brexit.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

They might. But what little credibility they have would be shot to pieces. Although I suppose by the time of the next General Election a lot of people might have fotgotten all about Brexit.

I'm sure there's an Alzheimer's/dementia joke in there somewhere but ...

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There's only a handful of Tories who would break ranks to vote with Labour and they will all buckle if the Tory hierarchy puts pressure on them.

May continually saying that we are leaving in March. It would be a hell of a U turn to announce something else.

118 voted with Labour last week.

Corbyn with another contradictory performance today; correctly stating that May will get very little joy in trying to negotiate a better deal from the EU, but seemingly overlooking his repeated claim that he would somehow magic something on a CU and the single market.

Glad to see Ireland and the EU publicly standing four-square on the backstop.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Corbyn with another contradictory performance today; correctly stating that May will get very little joy in trying to negotiate a better deal from the EU, but seemingly overlooking his repeated claim that he would somehow magic something on a CU and the single market.

Glad to see Ireland and the EU publicly standing four-square on the backstop.

In fairness to Corbyn (yes I know) a negotiation involving a CU would be viewed very differently by the EU27.