Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

So amendment on second referendum is pulled because Labour won't back it.

This is going to be down to No Deal or May's shit deal.

The sad thing is that it's two fucking cliques on the front benches that are preventing any consensus bring reached.

The pair of them have their fingers in their ears pretending to listen but blithely carry on as if nothing has changed.

It must be absolutely frustrating for MPs who are genuinely seeking a compromise. For the SNP it is an utter gift - the Unionist parties are completely ignoring Scotland's voice in this debate. It is clear that there is a facade of consultation - a ticky box consultation where the result has already been determined.

Unless the clowns shift their stances then just go to a final vote - irrespective of which way it goes IndyRef2 is really now the only option left.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Aye agree with this. Not sure Labour have declined to back any second referendum ammended.@deetillehdeh Where are you seeing this?

Naw it's a reference to the People's Vote lot realising they've got the backing of virtually nobody outside of their weird Blairite sect so they've abandoned it while having a final parting pop at Corbyn. The final press conference is Thick of It esque.

This isn’t it, chief.
It is the official ‘People’s Vote’ amendment - I am aware there are other amendments such as the Lib Dems that could offer this - but Labour is still not backing that either.

I genuinely think that apart from Cooper's amendment (which has the best chance of passing IMHO) - every other one is going to fail.

48 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Naw it's a reference to the People's Vote lot realising they've got the backing of virtually nobody outside of their weird Blairite sect so they've abandoned it while having a final parting pop at Corbyn. The final press conference is Thick of It esque.

Why are the Right so much better at messaging than the Centre? I'm basing this mainly on the docudrama on the Leave campaign, but I'm guessing it's not recognising that emotion is much better at getting people out to vote than logic. Who the f**k thought that "The People's Vote" would be a good slogan, when the obvious response would be "So what was the first one?". The "Informed Consent" angle that a couple of ex doctor MP's are trying to push sounds a bit better. And even Blair should know that his name behind anything is toxic unless he's flogging PR to a dictator.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why are the Right so much better at messaging than the Centre? I'm basing this mainly on the docudrama on the Leave campaign, but I'm guessing it's not recognising that emotion is much better at getting people out to vote than logic. Who the f**k thought that "The People's Vote" would be a good slogan, when the obvious response would be "So what was the first one?". The "Informed Consent" angle that a couple of ex doctor MP's are trying to push sounds a bit better. And even Blair should know that his name behind anything is toxic unless he's flogging PR to a dictator.

For me the “docudrama” had far more to do with data mining and using people’s personal information to shape and target messages.

Not something that can be done with individual slogans or campaign titles.

On 1/23/2019 at 08:28, Suspect Device said:

Thelonger this drags on, the more the markets will price in us remaining.

The pound is today at the 'dizzy heights' of €1.1407 this morning. Start booking your summer hols....

Now at 1.55.

It must know something the rest of us don't.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Eh? Surely that's a typo! 

It's €1.15. SO probably a typo

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Markets don't know shit

Of course they don't know anything but they react to what people expect to happen. The pound rising might mean that folk are expecting us to stay in.

Of course it might just mean that they're worried about the eurozone.

Or something else entirely. 

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Markets don't know shit

Incidents likely to result in a potential shockwaves in currency markets are generally "factored in" well before they happen. This is exactly what we are starting to see ahead of what will be a ruling out of no deal. It's inevitable despite Mays stance, there is simply not enough support and too much weight in parliament against it. Markets when it comes to currency tend to be pretty accurate reflections of what is round the corner.

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Incidents likely to result in a potential shockwaves in currency markets are generally "factored in" well before they happen. This is exactly what we are starting to see ahead of what will be a ruling out of no deal. It's inevitable despite Mays stance, there is simply not enough support and too much weight in parliament against it. Markets when it comes to currency tend to be pretty accurate reflections of what is round the corner.

The only way parliament can rule out no deal is by backing the EU deal on offer.

Even if the Cooper amendment passes and MPs vote to block no deal the government will just say that their motion isn't compliant with the EU withdrawal bill. The Grieve amendment was hailed as a great blow to the government as well and they just waved it off.

The only way parliament can rule out no deal is by backing the EU deal on offer. Even if the Cooper amendment passes and MPs vote to block no deal the government will just say that their motion isn't compliant with the EU withdrawal bill. The Grieve amendment was hailed as a great blow to the government as well and they just waved it off.  

Cooper's is the only one that can actually result in an Act of Parliament.    

It can't be ignored if the subsequent Private Member's bill is passed.

All the other amendments can be ignored as they can't result in a binding Act of Parliament.

It also tells me that the UK is fucked while we have this antiquated system of giving the Executive far too much power.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Cooper's is the only one that can actually result in an Act of Parliament.    

It can't be ignored if the subsequent Private Member's bill is passed.

All the other amendments can be ignored as they can't result in a binding Act of Parliament.

It also tells me that the UK is fucked while we have this antiquated system of giving the Executive far too much power.

The whole way Westminster operates needs reforming as does the FPTP system, sadly neither of the beneficiaries of the archaic system or its undemocratic electoral practices are motivated to change it.

Slowly the tectonic plates may be shifting...the guy who sits next to me at work told me today that his father-in-law, a No and Remain voter, has announced that should there be a second Indy ref he will be voting Yes this time.  From small acorns and all that.
Aye until his arse collapses on polling day