Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So when did you last visit Hartlepool or Rhonda to be able to judge the voters of those towns? Those comments makes you sound like a typical elitist snob who looks down on the democratic choices of the poor working class. 

I wouldnt look down on anyone champ.

But I give them as much thought as they do to folks in other EU countries.

As for what they think of us. 

Read the comments section of any English daily on a Scottish political article.

Then you will see real narrow nationalist bile in free flow.

9 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I wouldnt look down on anyone champ.

But I give them as much thought as they do to folks in other EU countries.

As for what they think of us. 

Read the comments section of any English daily on a Scottish political article.

Then you will see real narrow nationalist bile in free flow.

And how would you know how much thought that they give to folks in other EU countries?

Have you been to Hartlepool or Rhonda recently? Btw, Rhonda is in Wales. 

14 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Good post Mr Topcat. Touched a wee britnat nerve I see :)

No difference between a pensioner on the Ruhr to one in Rhonda. Unless you are a nasty nat...........britnat that is.

It's not about touching nerves, that's just playground piffle, it's exasperation at the blinkered obsession with 'inclusivity' and 'political correctness' and such other piffle that your ilk use as a catch all to stifle debate over people's real concerns.

There is a glaring difference between a pensioner, or anyone of any age , on the Ruhr ( That's a river btw) so shall we say in Bochum and a pensioner  living in the Rhondda  Valley and that is that one is British and is under the auspices of the British Gov't and one is German and under the auspices of the German Gov't and I, for one, prefer to let Britain take primary responsibility for it's duty to  it's own citizens and Germany to do likewise. I'll not tell Germany how to treat it's citizens and hope Germany will be as respectful bi-laterally.

Rhondda Valley pensioners, or citizens of any age from the Rhondda valley therefore take precedence over any one living  anywhere else outside the UK.....

And that's as it should be.

Btw same goes for the citizens of  Ebbw Valley, Sirhowy Vally, Bargoed Valley, Cynon Valley and Taff Valley........and any others not mentioned and all other UK citizens!

It's not about touching nerves, that's just playground piffle, it's exasperation at the blinkered obsession with 'inclusivity' and 'political correctness' and such other piffle that your ilk use as a catch all to stifle debate over people's real concerns.
There is a glaring difference between a pensioner, or anyone of any age , on the Ruhr ( That's a river btw) so shall we say in Bochum and a pensioner  living in the Rhondda  Valley and that is that one is British and is under the auspices of the British Gov't and one is German and under the auspices of the German Gov't and I, for one, prefer to let Britain take primary responsibility for it's duty to  it's own citizens and Germany to do likewise. I'll not tell Germany how to treat it's citizens and hope Germany will be as respectful bi-laterally.
Rhondda Valley pensioners, or citizens of any age from the Rhondda valley therefore take precedence over any one living  anywhere else outside the UK.....
And that's as it should be.
Btw same goes for the citizens of  Ebbw Valley, Sirhowy Vally, Bargoed Valley, Cynon Valley and Taff Valley........and any others not mentioned and all other UK citizens!

Ruhr. That's not only a river but also a valley. You're welcome

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Remain supporters are continuing with their Project Fear. They now want "associate EU Membership" or Single Market/EEA membership which requires freedom of movement.  

The proposal for associate EU Membership is to be offered to individuals - I'm struggling to see how that would contribute to "Project Fear".

Given the narrow focus of the referendum question was on membership of the EU, and not membership of related institutions, or on what restrictions should be applied by the gov't on particular policies, I don't think anyone can claim a legitimate mandate on the form of our relation with Europe after we leave until after the next General Election or referendum, which ever comes first.

5 hours ago, MrSpikey said:

The proposal for associate EU Membership is to be offered to individuals - I'm struggling to see how that would contribute to "Project Fear".

Given the narrow focus of the referendum question was on membership of the EU, and not membership of related institutions, or on what restrictions should be applied by the gov't on particular policies, I don't think anyone can claim a legitimate mandate on the form of our relation with Europe after we leave until after the next General Election or referendum, which ever comes first.

There are remain campaigners want a new form of associate EU membership for the UK. That would be the Single Market Membership Plus option.

Verhostadt's proposal for individuals to purchase associate EU citizenship could be difficult to implement. It may require Treaty amendments and the approval of all Member States.

There needs to a full explanation of the proposal's benefits and a cost. The wily Verhofstadt., who believes that the nation state is out-dated, could propose the British government to pay such citizenship fees directly to the EU. The EU needs fill the gap in its budget post Brexit.

It would be simpler for EU countries to grant Britons permanent leave to remain, or their equivalent. Britons who want to be EU citizens should apply for citizenship of an EU Member State. The same could apply to EU nationals living here. There is no need for special treatment or additional fees. 

The EU said that there could be no discussions at all on Brexit until Article 50 had been invoked. It's bizarre that Verhofstadt has put forward this proposal now. He has a personal agenda and cannot be trusted - http://www.basicbooks.com/full-details?isbn=9780465096855.

Europe's Last Chance - Why the European States Must Form a More Perfect Union, By Guy Verhofstadt

"Guy Verhofstadt—former prime minister of Belgium and current leader of the liberal faction in the European Parliament—provides the essential framework for understanding Europe today, laying bare the absurdity of a system in which each member state can veto legislation, opt in or out of the Euro, or close borders on a whim. But Verhofstadt does not just indict the European Union, he also offers a powerful vision for how the continent can change for the better. The key, argues Verhofstadt, is to reform the European Union along the lines of America's federal government: a United States of Europe strong enough to stand with the United States of America in making a better, safer world."

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To confuse him further the Rhondda is a River as well as a Valley.

Don't go on to me....it wasn't me said a pensioner 'On the Ruhr' and I'm sure he wasn't referring to German pnsioners with a penchant for boating. Btw glad you ScotNats have started using the correct spelling for Rhondda now. Shows you can learn from us Brits. Rhondda is a valley, a river and a community (town) and the people are real.The salt of the Earth.  So stick that in your exclusive rUKbad #harddoneby pipe and sook it up!.

Edited by McSpreader

9 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

Ruhr. That's not only a river but also a valley. You're welcome

Wow, you really feel so smug  from pointing out the blindingly obvious. .There  something major missing in your life. Poor you.

Hope you manage to make it through Christmas!

11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

And how would you know how much thought that they give to folks in other EU countries?

Have you been to Hartlepool or Rhonda recently? Btw, Rhonda is in Wales. 

I think you'll find Rhondas all over the UK (and further afield).

Rhondda is in Wales