Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

I can assure you that there is a great deal of antipathy towards a united Ireland, at least here in Dublin. Many have no desire to take on a basket case part of the U.K. and all of its ensuing problems. It's not as clear cut as you think.

You'll probably be dismissed as another bitter bigot...

I've been to Dublin about 40 times and have never met a single person who doesn't support a united Ireland.   In the Republic it would win at least 85% of any vote.   Some are reticent to discuss it at first and even feign disinterest or reluctant,  but they all actually support it as would, do you if a part of your country had been occupied for hundreds of years.   Their only real concern is the reaction of bigots like redhandrob.

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Republic wants and needs a United Ireland like it wants and needs another bank crash.

Has the Republic paid back the £3 billion that it borrowed from the UK?

Non-performing loans cost the RBS a fortune - http://www.reuters.com/article/rbs-ireland-loans-idUSL8N1CG4ZI. RBS has been off-loading poor performing loans in the Republic over the last few years. No wonder it's been failing the stress tests!

49 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I've been to Dublin about 40 times and have never met a single person who doesn't support a united Ireland.   In the Republic it would win at least 85% of any vote.   Some are reticent to discuss it at first and even feign disinterest or reluctant,  but they all actually support it as would, do you if a part of your country had been occupied for hundreds of years.   Their only real concern is the reaction of bigots like redhandrob.

If part of my country had been occupied for "hundreds of years" I don't think I would consider it to be "part of my country" anymore.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Republic wants and needs a United Ireland like it wants and needs another bank crash.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/majority-in-the-republic-would-back-irish-reunification-poll-1-7501305

Two out of three people in the Irish Republic would vote for a united Ireland, a major opinion poll has found.

The Spanish still consider gibraltar part of their country and iwwould imagine the palestinians won't be saying to the israelis ach you've been in the west Bank for ages why don't you keep it any time soon.

Does anybody know someone who isn't a bigot who doesn't believe there should be a united Ireland? 

Edited by Peppino Impastato

20 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/majority-in-the-republic-would-back-irish-reunification-poll-1-7501305

Two out of three people in the Irish Republic would vote for a united Ireland, a major opinion poll has found.

Two out of three don't want to pay for it, though.

20 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The Spanish still consider gibraltar part of their country and iwwould imagine the palestinians won't be saying to the israelis ach you've been in the west Bank for ages why don't you keep it any time soon.

Does anybody know someone who isn't a bigot who doesn't believe there should be a united Ireland? 

"ages" does not equal "hundreds of years".

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Never existed.   It genuinely staggers me that seemingly reasonable intelligent people become utter morons barely capable of objective thought as soon as Gibraltar and the Falklands are bought up just cause they're British. 

Self praise is no recommendation.

And I thought you weren't "British".

12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Never existed.   It genuinely staggers me that seemingly reasonable intelligent people become utter morons barely capable of objective thought as soon as Gibraltar and the Falklands are bought up just cause they're British. 

So it's OK for the Spanish to own the rock but not Brits?  Why?  I know you don't think the Brits should get it because they captured and had it signed over to them (which was the exact same way the United Crowns of Castile and Aragon got hold of Gibraltar) so what Spain's other claim that out do's the British/Gibraltan claim?   

Spain actually held Gibraltar for less time than those nasty Brits.  

The Falklands have even less links to Argentina

Edited by Antiochas III