Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Welsh bairn you're embarrassing yourself,  doesn't surprise me a Welsh person loves eing colonised tbf,  post a map showing why te Falklands should be British.   I mean they're only about 12 thousand miles away, I steam of flimsily attacking the argentinian laim tell us why they should be British. 

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

Welsh bairn you're embarrassing yourself,  doesn't surprise me a Welsh person loves eing colonised tbf,  post a map showing why te Falklands should be British.   I mean they're only about 12 thousand miles away, I steam of flimsily attacking the argentinian laim tell us why they should be British. 

Because the people who live there don't think of themselves as Argentinian and given Argentina's history of brutal military dictatorships and invasion they don't feel safe voting for full independence from Britain.

I don't see why the fact that Argentina managed to slaughter their way through Patagonia and colonise it it gives them any right to an island hundreds of miles off its coast that was peacefully settled by another country. 

Colonised by another country from 12 thousand miles away which it holds by force to this day in order to steal natural resources you mean.   You still haven't told us why they should be British. 

Imagine Japan bought the shetlands from China 200 years ago and had spent the last 40 telling us because they moved 500 people there north Sea oil is theirs.   I wonder what our reaction would be. 

16 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Colonised by another country from 12 thousand miles away which it holds by force to this day in order to steal natural resources you mean.   You still haven't told us why they should be British. 

Because the islanders want protection from a country that has already attacked them. Britain was actively trying to persuade them to accept at least some degree of Argentinian sovereignty leading up till the invasion, that's gone out of the window. Your argument seems to be that anyone who for whatever reason wants to continue with British ties should be denied universal human rights, and you have no justification for Argentina's claim on the territory other than it's a bit closer.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Imagine Japan bought the shetlands from China 200 years ago and had spent the last 40 telling us because they moved 500 people there north Sea oil is theirs.   I wonder what our reaction would be. 

No one knew there was oil hundreds of years ago. Fact is the Falklands has been British for as long as Argentina has been in existence. The people do not see themselves as Argentinian and would never vote to be so. Who can blame them, with a GDP per capita on par with the richest nations on earth why would they want to be a part of an economic joke such as Argentina ? Look i'm not a fan of British transgressions over the years but the Falklands DOES not belong to  Argentina and the people do not want to be either. I fully support their right to remain in the same political set up they've been in for a long time. If Argentina tried taking it by force I'd also support sending the subs back over to give them a kicking and I'm as far from a BritNat as you could possibly get.

Edited by AUFC90

The un ruled they're in Argentine territorial waters champ.    Give it up this is pathetic,  your poor noble brits being attacked by nasty Johnny foreigner schtik is nauseating,  we committed war crimes to aggressively retain a colony and attached natural resources and win a right wing sociopath an election. You need to take a good look at yourself here.

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The un ruled they're in Argentine territorial waters champ.    Give it up this is pathetic,  your poor noble brits being attacked by nasty Johnny foreigner schtik is nauseating,  we committed war crimes to aggressively retain a colony and attached natural resources and win a right wing sociopath an election. You need to take a good look at yourself here.

We committed war crimes ? We routed an Argentinian army that invaded a British terriitory. They'll think twice the next time.

That's a very big territorial waters then ? 500 miles off their mainland. Scotland must own half the atlantic

Edited by AUFC90

Aufc it was for the magellan straits initially.   And if that's your view you'rea britnat ,  colonially if not constitutionally.   We Re the ones in the wrong here.   Astounding people so blinded by the state the grew up in they can't see that.   Pure naked colonialism being defended in the name of self determination,  laughable shite. 

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aufc it was for the magellan straits initially.   And if that's your view you'rea britnat ,  colonially if not constitutionally.   We Re the ones in the wrong here.   Astounding people so blinded by the state the grew up in they can't see that.   Pure naked colonialism being defended in the name of self determination,  laughable shite. 

Stop acting like a complete tit if that's in any way possible. You're arguing for modern day Argentinian colonialism. 

Edited by AUFC90

53 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The people who live ther there are a very small number of implanted colonists tat argument holds zero credibility.   

What number would be big enough then - 30 000, 300 000, 3 000 000?

Welsh bairn now deleted his post asking if the belgrano was on a cruise defending war crimes with mockery now he's presumably done some Googling.   It was way outside the 200 mile exclusion zone and heading away from the Falklands,  making its sinking a clear war crime.   Hundreds died,  conscripts.   And British newspapers celebrated like we'd won the wc England obviously the next day. 

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Google the belgrano you funking clown and come back when you have a clue what you're talking about. 

Ok.

La Nación published a reader's letter from Admiral Enrique Molina Pico (head of the Argentine Navy in the 1990s) in 2005 in which Pico wrote that General Belgrano was part of an operation that posed a real threat to the British task force, but was holding off for tactical reasons. Pico added that "To leave the exclusion zone was not to leave the combat zone to enter a protected area". Pico explicitly stated that the sinking was not a war crime, but a combat action.[49]
General Belgrano's captain, Héctor Bonzo, died on 22 April 2009, aged 76. He had spent his last years working for an association called Amigos del Crucero General Belgrano (Friends of the Cruiser General Belgrano) whose purpose was to help those affected by the sinking.[50] Captain Bonzo also wrote his memories about the sinking in the book 1093 Tripulantes del Crucero ARA General Belgrano, published in 1992. In this book he wrote that it is "improper to accept that (...) the attack by HMS Conqueror was a betrayal".[51] During an interview in 2003 he had stated that General Belgrano was only temporarily sailing to the west at the time of the attack, and his orders were to attack any British ships which came within range of the cruiser's armament.[52]

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Welsh bairn now deleted his post asking if the belgrano was on a cruise defending war crimes with mockery now he's presumably done some Googling.   It was way outside the 200 mile exclusion zone and heading away from the Falklands,  making its sinking a clear war crime.   Hundreds died,  conscripts.   And British newspapers celebrated like we'd won the wc England obviously the next day. 

The Belgrano was under orders to attack the British task force which they would have done without hesitation. As the Captain said above, warships don't sail in straight lines and they were not heading for home.