Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The only defence mounted on here of the Falklands is sheer wh.atabouttery they're colonists too i dot give a f**k if they are our concern is our government and they're obviously taking actions that are illegal and immoral.   Just as they are in Diego garcia ad Gibraltar. 

You want Britain to do the same to the Falkland Islanders and Gibraltarians as they did to the Chagossians, ignore their wishes to satisfy another power. Where's the morality in that? You seem to be incapable of thinking about people, only about colours on a map.

There are no Falkland islanders or gibraltans.   Still not capable of objective thought as soon as a British colony is discussed I note.  And hilarious comparison to draw,  truly comical

What i actually want is the UK to respect intl law in all cases and relinquish all colonies too cause we kind of established post ww2 colonialism is wrong.   You seem a little behind the curve on that one. 

14 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Would only be 3 billion though if we did that.   The war probably cost about the same.  The oil will be worth may times that.   Anyone who doubts our commitment to the Falklands is about anything other than oil (which has dictated the foreign policy, of basically all governments for 100 years) is quite frankly a moron. 

Again I remember at the time the government made up a league table of foreigners who were eligible for UK citizenship.

It was a long time ago and I cannae recall it exactly.

In the top tier were the usual suspects Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc

Then the second tier were India, Pakistan, etc

Third tier were certain African countries, etc

BUT in the bottom tier were several islands including the Falklands.

As they were so far down the list the Argentine took that as an invitation tae invade.

The following week it was rushed through parliament and the Falklands were promoted tae the top tier.

20 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Didn't know that.   I imagine the Falklands is like n Ireland on steroids,  people running about going on about how British they are.

If they want to be brBritish they can move back to Britain,  we could decolonise the Falklands in a week. 

That's true but I would object if we gave them £1 million each in payment.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You want Britain to do the same to the Falkland Islanders and Gibraltarians as they did to the Chagossians, ignore their wishes to satisfy another power. Where's the morality in that? You seem to be incapable of thinking about people, only about colours on a map.

There's only one colour that concerns him.

Didn't know that.   I imagine the Falklands is like n Ireland on steroids,  people running about going on about how British they are. If they want to be brBritish they can move back to Britain,  we could decolonise the Falklands in a week. 

They're apparently far to busy shagging sheep for any of that nonsense

Didn't know that.   I imagine the Falklands is like n Ireland on steroids,  people running about going on about how British they are. If they want to be brBritish they can move back to Britain,  we could decolonise the Falklands in a week. 

And all these Scots Canadians and Scots Americans can cut out the Scottish bit or move back here presumably.

7 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Keep taking the tablets! :lol: