Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Russia have already done this and there is no EU army. Just so you know.

Surely this tube is at it. No one can actually be that thick.

His enlightenment is certainly in the pending tray at most. Chose the wrong Guru is my suspicion.

Edited by welshbairn

I think tomorrow I'm going to have to have a chat with my bosses about Brexit. Can't be fucked but it's getting fucking ridiculous. 2 months to go! They've not said anything to me but the risk of mammoth f**k ups is getting way too high. Anyone that claims this is what anyone voted for is talking fucking shite (it was refreshing to see a couple of folk on This Week actually saying "did you say that before the referendum" to a leaver arsehole for once). There's no way anyone thought this wouldn't have been signed, sealed and delivered about 6 months ago. Me included.

37 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Im enlightened. I can see the future ( maybe ) .

I can see the Ukraine join the EU as the EU wants.

Russia does not want this to happen.

Rusdia will invade the Ukraine who they still see as part of Russia.

What will the EU do with their new Army then? 

Your foresight is truly remarkable. Who could possibly see Russia entering Ukraine. Magnificent stuff what next from your Crystal ball, German tanks rolling into Poland ???

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the U.K. doesn’t enforce a hard border in Ireland how do they enforce their immigration policy?

Spanish person flies to Dublin, crosses border and stays in NI or moves to mainland.

Immigration is much more easier to police than the trade of goods. It also doesnt seem to motivate the Brexity MPs, but they pay lip service to it . As long as an open border exists any trade deal the UK strikes different from the EU is utterly meaningless.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They should just have the fucking votes - it's not as if anyone is going to be influenced by the debate. 

Tory self preservation is going to hit them in the face big time when this amendment is torpedoed by the EU as not being acceptable.

I mean - what the hell is "alternative arrangements"?

How wooly is that?

An alternative Ulster. Theresa is obviously a Stiff Little Fingers fan.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:07, Granny Danger said:

Agree with the rest but that last bit will not happen.

All the tories on news channels this morning saying "if the eu dont agree with this new deal we leave on the 29th of March on wto terms"

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

All the tories on news channels this morning saying "if the eu dont agree with this new deal we leave on the 29th of March on wto terms"

All the Tories that were interviewed is not all the Tories.

Those who voted for Spelman/Dromey will not support a No Deal.  There is a high likelihood that a few who didn’t support that amendment might also oppose No Deal.

We are surely no further forward. She's got guidance to go and negotiate something different and written into law. The EU have consistently said it isn't happening. It took 2 years to get to here and she's got about 2 weeks for them to change their minds. They won't. So ... 

Time for Scotland to gtf for me. 14th February should be the date of the announcement. 

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Hero-

dfae2f1d-5918-4344-b9ee-267b583d71d0.jpg

She united her party by giving them a no-deal option which they don't want.  Great work.  Now they've told her to go back to Brussels to renegotiate the un-negotiable.  She'll get told to sling her hook, leaving an option of her original deal versus not leaving.  She knows full well her party consists of a bunch of cowards, and she's counting on them caving in.

And it goes without saying, that the EU is under no obligation to offer her anything.  They've been overly patient with her nonsense as it is.  The Express is basically saying, that all the future fall out will be the fault of the EU, and most definitely not the whim of an ill-educated electorate and a pig-ignorant and incompetent government.  

At this point, Labour's inability to produced anything resembling a decent alternative is going to backfire, unless the Tory dissenters actually show a little backbone.  Which they won't.  What surprised me is that the overwhelming view expressed on the World Service last night was that the decision to leave would have to be delayed.  Seems to me that May's Deal is now the favourite.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

She united her party by giving them a no-deal option which they don't want.  Great work.  Now they've told her to go back to Brussels to renegotiate the un-negotiable.  She'll get told to sling her hook, leaving an option of her original deal versus not leaving.  She knows full well her party consists of a bunch of cowards, and she's counting on them caving in.

And it goes without saying, that the EU is under no obligation to offer her anything.  They've been overly patient with her nonsense as it is.  The Express is basically saying, that all the future fall out will be the fault of the EU, and most definitely not the whim of an ill-educated electorate and a pig-ignorant and incompetent government.  

At this point, Labour's inability to produced anything resembling a decent alternative is going to backfire, unless the Tory dissenters actually show a little backbone.  Which they won't.  What surprised me is that the overwhelming view expressed on the World Service last night was that the decision to leave would have to be delayed.  Seems to me that May's Deal is now the favourite.

If the EU dismiss this out of hand then they have already stated that they will have to implement a border to protect the single market.  Whilst the south may complain and posture around the UK having to protect WTO rule, it is only posturing and they know full well that they (as members of the EU) will be responsible for the hard border in the event of no deal.

Given that neither side wish to see a border in Ireland then the only realistic way that this can happen is by negotiation. 

1 minute ago, strichener said:

If the EU dismiss this out of hand then they have already stated that they will have to implement a border to protect the single market.  Whilst the south may complain and posture around the UK having to protect WTO rule, it is only posturing and they know full well that they (as members of the EU) will be responsible for the hard border in the event of no deal.

Given that neither side wish to see a border in Ireland then the only realistic way that this can happen is by negotiation. 

Or by the UK not leaving at all.  

Personally I think that if a deal with the EU was nothing more than agreeing to standardise toothpicks,  there would still be protest.

"We use to have the greatest empire in the world, we use to rule the waves.  Now we are reduced to someone telling us how to make toothpicks.  Who do they think we are?  No deal."