Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I really wish people would not repeat the “it’s either May’s Deal or No Deal” pish.  It’s tedious and it’s wrong.

Parliament can still pursue various other options.

Any MP that allows anyone as ineffective as Theresa May to blackmail should be ridiculed for all time.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I really wish people would not repeat the “it’s either May’s Deal or No Deal” pish.  It’s tedious and it’s wrong.

Any MP that allows anyone as ineffective as Theresa May to blackmail should be ridiculed for all time.

They've had plenty time to find another option to unite around and failed miserably. They just stand up in Parliament and spout the same old shite again and again. I blame the smoking ban, they should have been getting together in smoke filled rooms and thrashing out an alternative.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Spot on. Reading between the lines on Tusk's statement, he is ready for a long extension...Parliament wont be able to reject that. Then, its game on for different options...2nd Ref, softer Brexit-Norway style, stay in customs union etc, but with 2 years to sort it out. Even May would have to resign after she has been rejected 3 times, and forced into a long extension, so a different cabinet will be negotiating. There will probably have to be a GE this year as well. Can see the SNP winning 50+ seats this time, as the Tory vote in Scotland wil surely plummet-their single policy of 'stop a 2nd ref' will be irrelevant this time. Tories will probably still win in England with their new leader but they will have to be propped up (possibly by the Lib Dems again!!!) which would however lead, at worst, to a softer Brexit.

Posted this in the indyref thread instead of in here. It all ties in anyway.

It's a bit of a disgrace if brexit doesn't go ahead. The UK did vote for it. If there are delays I can see it getting very nasty down South. The skin head pea brains have been gagging for a scrap.

I just don't know when Sturgeon pulls the trigger, we could be hanging around for brexit to actually happen.

The tories know a no deal brexit guarantees the break up of the UK and most probably re-uniting Ireland again, surely they aren't going to go ahead with no deal?

16 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

If deal fails again then General Election.

Three weeks minimum I think and we then we get to the cut off point to the European elections. Think we'd need a deal with the EU to let our current MEPs stay on for a bit without an election in the UK.

I haven't read the WA  of course, but I haven't heard anything much bad about it, other than it means we leave the EU. The backstop is a red herring, and the separate political document is non binding, so any kind of final arrangement can be negotiated after the WA is passed. Labour's main objection is that its May's deal, it's only the political declaration they disagree with. Passing it wouldn't rule out a customs union and a close relationship with the single market, nor even a referendum to get back in. There's a new amendment been tabled by Labour MP's that would give Parliament the right to veto the final arrangements, that apparently the Government might accept. After watching the waffley aimless debate this afternoon, with no route to an alternative offered, I'm beginning to hope her bill gets passed and Europe is left alone  to prepare for their incredibly important elections.
I tend to agree with this. Get her deal voted through then make sure that parliament takes control going forward and get a cross party agreement on a customs union.
I'd obviously rather no brexit but for weeks now I've felt it's the way id be leaning if I were an MP. The back stop is a complete red herring but labours position seems to be party political as much as May's posturing, neither have much interest in agreement and cooperation

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They've had plenty time to find another option to unite around and failed miserably. They just stand up in Parliament and spout the same old shite again and again. I blame the smoking ban, they should have been getting together in smoke filled rooms and thrashing out an alternative.

Mmmm.   Except up until now they’ve had the luxury of not having to take a decision.  That will change with when they’re forced to into taking a final decision.

MPs just need to hold their nerve next week, hand her another sound defeat, and then start proper cross party co-operation with a clock which now has 2 years on the meter rather than two days.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Parliament needs to rally around an alternative to Mays deal and no brexit. Labour are great at banging on about a deal which would see access to the customs union , protection of rights, etc. But what are they actually doing to round up cross party consensus to this. 

The way it's looking at the moment IMO. May's deal will be voted through next week. 

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Corbyn walks out meeting in strop because independent group were there. What a petulant child

Maybe that’s what May’s people wanted.  If not they’ve made a complete c**t of it.