Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think this week will see the Tories being forced into opening up the debate to Parliament whilst Labour will try narrowing it to their own proposals.  That will not go well for Corbyn.
Trickett on Sophie Ridge made a shit job of trying to defend Corbyn’s non-attendance at yesterday’s rally.  He’s fucking hopeless.

Plus the alleged Tory coup

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:
9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I think this week will see the Tories being forced into opening up the debate to Parliament whilst Labour will try narrowing it to their own proposals.  That will not go well for Corbyn.
Trickett on Sophie Ridge made a shit job of trying to defend Corbyn’s non-attendance at yesterday’s rally.  He’s fucking hopeless.

Plus the alleged Tory coup

Don’t see that happening now.  

Sophy Ridge though [emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Pointless brexit lite to be voted through this week. I'd be inclined to say that we'd be as well staying where we are instead of a Brexit in name only. The May deal offered a bit to everyone. I think the end game is only going to please a minority now.

Here's a Brexiteer talking in favour of Brexit lite in 2015. Made a good case. Shame he didn't keep to the message.

https://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2015/10/daniel-hannan-mep-norways-relationship-with-the-eu-is-better-than-being-a-member-but-we-could-do-even-better-than-that.html

Edited by welshbairn

Like the SNP have been with the No victory in the independence referendum?  When the result is close in a referendum the issue usually isn't definitively settled by it. The Leave option has now morphed into No Deal because parliament won't approve the withdrawal agreement, while a lot of people who voted for Leave at the time swallowed the lies about Brexit being relatively painless or even net beneficial in economic terms. It's reasonable to suggest that a hard Brexit of that magnitude should require a second referendum.

The SNP have went about it the right way and started a whole different new process

LongTimeLurker has still made good points about the need for a 2nd referendum despite what the SNP have done. Nevermind the illegal funding that has helped that campaign as well. There's plenty of arguments against this "respect the vote" bullshit which is simplistic at best, and outright dishonest at worst.

From previous postings on P & B I've gathered that you are a student. In the years to come you'll either come to thank those who protested and managed to steer Brexit in the direction of sanity or, if that fails, you will probably move away from the UK. And there will be hundred of thousands like you.

A part time student my work is putting me through university, I'll be finished in the summer. I'm 26 years old and I've been working full time since I was 16 in the same occupation

It doesn't sit very well with me. Even after double checking the actual turnout etc, I thought it was very poor for some reason but it was 72%.

I'm not even certain Remain would win a second vote

A part time student my work is putting me through university, I'll be finished in the summer. I'm 26 years old and I've been working full time since I was 16 in the same occupation

It doesn't sit very well with me. Even after double checking the actual turnout etc, I thought it was very poor for some reason but it was 72%.

I'm not even certain Remain would win a second vote
I'd be delighted to put it to the test.

I'm certain Remain would win a second referendum if the ghouls from New Labour were swiftly jettisoned. There's no real benefit to having Tony Blair, Alistair Campbell, Peter Mandelsohn and the like stinking the place out. 

44 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

LongTimeLurker has still made good points about the need for a 2nd referendum despite what the SNP have done. Nevermind the illegal funding that has helped that campaign as well. There's plenty of arguments against this "respect the vote" bullshit which is simplistic at best, and outright dishonest at worst.

There is a very strong indication that the majority of people who would/could vote now support Remain.

Given this it is wholly undemocratic to foist a course of action on the U.K. that the majority of people don’t want.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is a very strong indication that the majority of people who would/could vote now support Remain.

Given this it is wholly undemocratic to foist a course of action on the U.K. that the majority of people don’t want.

So what’s the split, 60/40, 52/48 ?

35 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I don't think they'll have remain on another ref, think it will be what shade o shite you prefer from Norway to No deal.

Given the talks Corbyn had with the EU, and the general receptiveness to it, that's probably what you'll see being pushed from the Labour left.

ETA: should've said Norway as a preference for them.

Edited by NotThePars

I say Article 50 should be revoked and the terms of the free movement aspect of our EU membership be completely re-negotiated.

It’s become increasingly clear that the UK needs to develop a new system of regional immigration. The pressures facing parts of England do not affect Scotland, and it's also clear that many voted leave because of their immigration concerns. If these concerns were addressed they, the vote leave camp, might be more prepared to accept our continued membership of the EU.

Given that the EU are said to be concerned over the possibilities of a No Deal brexit, I think they might be prepared to consider discussing re-negotiation of our membership along these lines.