Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When Brexit doesn’t happen will you be part of the Gammon uprising?  If so please post some video of the event.

You'll not be able to say much either way since you were one of the thicker than thicks that eased us into this shambles.

Thankfully the BBC is eager to have its boy Nigel sweep the board at the Euro elections. Just had ten minutes of him promoting his “Brexit Party”.

Regardless of your opinion of him, you can't deny that it's an important development. This party could do very, very well in the elections.
I think I know the answer to this, but during his time as an MEP has Farage ever done anything of any note other than claim huge amounts in expenses?
He's (almost single-handedly) created Brexit.

30 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You'll not be able to say much either way since you were one of the thicker than thicks that eased us into this shambles.

Not really an answer is it?  I’m anxious to know if you will be part of the uprising.  You certainly seem very vexed by the idea of Brexit not going ahead.

(PS - it’s not going ahead.  8))

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Regardless of your opinion of him, you can't deny that it's an important development. This party could do very, very well in the elections.

So you're saying he's ridden the gravy train, and is now preventing anyone else from doing the same?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Talking of the promised civil unrest, should there not have been loads of riots by now over Brexit not happening by the end of March? 

TBF there’s been quite a few good programmes on TV.  You can’t expect the Gammons to revolt when there’s so much to watch.

So you're saying he's ridden the gravy train, and is now preventing anyone else from doing the same?

I'm saying he's a shifty c**t that's always been on one gravy train or another. But you can't deny he's had an enormous impact on British politics.

He's found, in my opinion, justifiable issues with the EU, and distilled it down to an 'average little Englander' level.

And supposedly this party isn't just about Brexit. His speech today attacked career politicians, and the connections between big city interests and the government. Those are some pretty big truths.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm saying he's a shifty c**t that's always been on one gravy train or another. But you can't deny he's had an enormous impact on British politics.

He's found, in my opinion, justifiable issues with the EU, and distilled it down to an 'average little Englander' level.

And supposedly this party isn't just about Brexit. His speech today attacked career politicians, and the connections between big city interests and the government. Those are some pretty big truths.

:lol:  he’s a dime store Trump (like the apt Americanism?)

He will peddle the same pish whilst having the same interests.  Fortunately he will not get the level of support Trump did.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

TBH, my question was about what he has actually done as an MEP, rather than what has Nigel Farage the politician done. They are two completely separate entities for me.

With regard to the bolded bit, has he ever attempted to do anything about it at the European level? Or has he just come back here and played to the xenephobia of the English?

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Farage is the ultimate populist. Even he was probably stunned that the constant outrageous lies that he screamed before the referendum managed to influence so many people, but I dare say now that he's seen his populist garbage work once, he's thinking why not try it again ?

On top of that, he has the added experience of seeing Trump's blatant populist campaign work in the States, so I wouldn't underestimate the devious, scheming little snake.

I notice as well that 5Live gave big licks to the unveiling of his new party, so it seems that he still has the BBC tied around his little finger. That's half the battle.

TBH, my question was about what he has actually done as an MEP, rather than what has Nigel Farage the politician done. They are two completely separate entities for me.
With regard to the bolded bit, has he ever attempted to do anything about it at the European level? Or has he just come back here and played to the xenephobia of the English?
Was he not quite open about his approach to being an MEP? I could be wrong but I thought he always felt the organisation was beyond repair, and so his role was one of sabotage. I think that's why folk voted for him.

Thankfully the BBC is eager to have its boy Nigel sweep the board at the Euro elections. Just had ten minutes of him promoting his “Brexit Party”.
I hate how that c**t just gets an unchallenged free ride by the MSM.

His blokey man in the pub act is so fucking false.

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

They will if the Beeb has anything to say about it. If they hadn’t turned him into a media darling he’d not have had anything like the impact or prominence (far higher than any electoral success he’s ever had) he has.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Farage is the ultimate populist. Even he was probably stunned that the constant outrageous lies that he screamed before the referendum managed to influence so many people, but I dare say now that he's seen his populist garbage work once, he's thinking why not try it again ?

On top of that, he has the added experience of seeing Trump's blatant populist campaign work in the States, so I wouldn't underestimate the devious, scheming little snake.

I notice as well that 5Live gave big licks to the unveiling of his new party, so it seems that he still has the BBC tied around his little finger. That's half the battle.

As much as I dislike FPTP it will keep Farage well away from any chance of influence in Westminster.  He could pick up seats in the Euros but MEPs have little power.

I think he genuinely believes it though.

Trump hasn't got a fucking clue, and seems to roll with whatever someone tells him on each particular day. You could tell he was openly bullshitting thick Americans.

But I think farage sees himself as on a mission. He's sticking up for the little guy, against the forces of the establishment. He's the true leader of little England, and very proud of that.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really an answer is it?  I’m anxious to know if you will be part of the uprising.  You certainly seem very vexed by the idea of Brexit not going ahead.

(PS - it’s not going ahead.  8))

I've actually no great interest other than how it affects independence, can't say I'm too confident at the moment, SNP appear to be ploughing on regardless, obviously not learned from cornering the YES campaign as their own.

As much as I dislike FPTP it will keep Farage well away from any chance of influence in Westminster.  He could pick up seats in the Euros but MEPs have little power.
If he galvanises Brexit fully then fptp might not stop him.

Remember the night that the scottish referendum broke the fptp system in Scotland. That would be a huge turnaround, granted, but it's not impossible - especially if the government keeps kicking this down the road.