Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

It's been interesting watching the Tories steering the narrative (unchallenged by the media) to paint the Brexit vote as snobby London elite v everybody else.

Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Bristol, York, Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh, and Glasgow all returned remain votes, as well as the whole of Scotland. This needs to be pointed out more often.

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

It's been interesting watching the Tories steering the narrative (unchallenged by the media) to paint the Brexit vote as snobby London elite v everybody else.

Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle, Bristol, York, Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh, and Glasgow all returned remain votes, as well as the whole of Scotland. This needs to be pointed out more often.

It was the snobby elite and the snobbish sympathizers that voted to leave. Not a single person who voted NO did so with anybody other than themselves in mind.

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

as did London and the more sensible of The Home Counties.

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

as did London and the more sensible of The Home Counties.

Indeed ! It's often overlooked just how close the vote was in England.

Before the referendum Farage said that if remain won by a small margin it could not be considered decisive. Well! Leave won by a very small margin

8 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Before the referendum Farage said that if remain won by a small margin it could not be considered decisive. Well! Leave won by a very small margin

'Leave' was won by The Welsh, Northern scum and blokes who like their MEPs to have a fist fight.  That's fucking England for you.

I missed the small-minded Ulster Unionists who should know better in my litany of shame.

Edited by The_Kincardine

8 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I'm afraid one vote more than Remain would have been enough and Farage's opinion does not trump 17million other voters' opinion.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

'Leave' was won by The Welsh, Northern scum and blokes who like their MEPs to have a fist fight.  That's fucking England for you.

I missed the small-minded Ulster Unionists who should know better in my litany of shame.

Of course if was.

250px-United_Kingdom_EU_referendum_2016_

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course they are, by any measure.

Had a family reunion about 6 weeks . I suggested to my leave voting Welsh relatives that they really just West Englandshire.

Didn't like it

8 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I'm afraid one vote more than Remain would have been enough and Farage's opinion does not trump 17million other voters' opinion.

What % of the total UK pop. is 17 M  ?