Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I mentioned this on another thread but I can see why some Labour MP's would want to defy the 3 line whip.

Some may also use it to undermine Corbyn's leadership.

1 minute ago, zidane's child said:

I mentioned this on another thread but I can see why some Labour MP's would want to defy the 3 line whip.

Some may also use it to undermine Corbyn's leadership.

What chance does Corbyn have if even his own whips are ignoring him? Labour is a shambles at a time when the Tories are in nearly as bad a mess with Brexit and should be there for the taking.

26 minutes ago, Redstarstranraer said:

Unlike you I can actually string a sentence together.  At least nobody's going to accuse you of cutting and pasting your semi-literate drivel from anywhere else though...

any original drivel is better than cutnpaste from a ultracrepidarian like yourself.

19 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

C3GcsMAW8AA8da-.jpg

Has someone invented a time machine and we're back in days of yore?

BE IT ENACTED by the Queens most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal,
and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same…

The Commons are tagged on as an afterthought.
So we have Mrs Windsor as the heid yin then Lords Spiritual (English Bishops?) & Temporal then the (Honourable) plebs.
Someone said elsewhere that we were subjects of the crown and no citizens of the country.
This is absolute proof.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What chance does Corbyn have if even his own whips are ignoring him? Labour is a shambles at a time when the Tories are in nearly as bad a mess with Brexit and should be there for the taking.

Agree 100%. Labour should be hitting the Tories hard over Brexit and not giving them an inch.

As much as I like Corbyn and I do think he has got better over the last few months at standing up to Tory policies, his questions and pressure on May at PMQ's in particular. With that said he does have to be stronger and offer more as an opposition party leader.

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Agree 100%. Labour should be hitting the Tories hard over Brexit and not giving them an inch.

As much as I like Corbyn and I do think he has got better over the last few months at standing up to Tory policies, his questions and pressure on May at PMQ's in particular. With that said he does have to be stronger and offer more as an opposition party leader.

Do you want him to block Article 50 which this is about?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Out of interest, if MPs were allowed to vote freely, and voted yay or nay based on the constituency results, does anyone know what the totals would be?

If allowed to vote freely then Article 50 would not be enacted.  This is what we elect MPs for, though 'whipping' and self-interest will prevent this.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

If allowed to vote freely then Article 50 would not be enacted.  This is what we elect MPs for, though 'whipping' and self-interest will prevent this.

Apologies, I meant "freely" in the sense that they voted the way their constituencies did, rather than the party whip.

Data is hard to get due to the referendum result being reported in local authorities rather than constituencies.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Apologies, I meant "freely" in the sense that they voted the way their constituencies did, rather than the party whip.

I got that and ignored it.  There are times when MPs should ignore their constituents.  The death penalty is one example.  Brexit is another.

9 hours ago, hehawhehaw said:

any original drivel is better than cutnpaste from a ultracrepidarian like yourself.

No. It isn't. You're an absolute blight on this board. There are plenty of guys on here with different views about a lot of stuff but you post endless and unremitting shite. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I got that and ignored it.  There are times when MPs should ignore their constituents.  The death penalty is one example.  Brexit is another.

OMG.......You still don't get it do you???

The reason we got Brexit is precisely because MP's have been ignoring their constituents, ffs........ for far too long!

MP's should stand down if they are not prepared to represent the electorate......

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Out of interest, if MPs were allowed to vote freely, and voted yay or nay based on the constituency results, does anyone know what the totals would be?

There were a couple of Scottish constituencies with majority Brexit votes, I'm led to believe......but haven't researched it myself!

Edit .....research completed http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-constituency-of-banff-and-buchan-voted-for-brexit-1-4294559

Edited by McSpreader

3 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

OMG.......You still don't get it do you???

The reason we got Brexit is precisely because MP's have been ignoring their constituents, ffs........ for far too long!

MP's should stand down if they are not prepared to represent the electorate......

The reason we got Brexit is because England has too many small-minded xenophobes who are now acting like jack the lad.