Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 hours ago, CambieBud said:

40 Labour MPs abstained ffs. Including 2 shadow ministers.! Other than self preservation, how is that possible. The very point of Labour is supposed to be about internationalism

Another utter pest who defines his politics by Billy Bragg songs.  "The Internationale"? eh?

British Labour has been the most factionalistic sort of anti-European arseholes for as long as I have taken an interest in politics.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So you approve of Sinn Fein’s tactics?

Hint: this is where you stop digging.

Unlike your hero who will be back in his allotment pdq, forking his marrows. Image result for kenneth williams Just because you say something works for someone, doesn't mean you approve of their tactics. Look at Donald Trump. What he does works for him, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to replicate it in your business dealings.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Just watched Mays speech yesterday on YouTube praising BJ on his victory.
Ffs. They really do believe that the UK is the world leader.
Charles Gray in 1971 Diamonds are Forever had it spot on when he called Britain a small insignificant island to Jimmy Bond!! 1971 ffs

Did she choke up this time?

9431C569-C48F-4745-BFC7-8AB07EF26D76.gif

There's your defence contractor Chobham being sold off to an American Hedge Fund for £4billion - a private company and so not necessarily a government affair but given the potential threat to national security it was referred to the government who not only waved it through despite the objections of several interested parties, but announced it at 10pm on the Friday before Christmas and after Parliament had went into recess. The lack of scrutiny continues.

55 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There's your defence contractor Chobham being sold off to an American Hedge Fund for £4billion - a private company and so not necessarily a government affair but given the potential threat to national security it was referred to the government who not only waved it through despite the objections of several interested parties, but announced it at 10pm on the Friday before Christmas and after Parliament had went into recess. The lack of scrutiny continues.

Even the daughter of the founder said it was terrible that it was getting sold of to the Yanks and that it was done at a time where no one would scritinise the deal.

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:
I made sure I renewed as late as I could to get the burgundy 1 before all the blue ones were supposed to start getting issued.
Turns out I needn't have bothered 

U get a blue one?

Indeed I did not.

I renewed as late as I could before the original Brexit date so I spent the 1st decade with my Burgundy passport but it seems I needn't have bothered

Mine is up in May. Short question for a short answer - should I renew now, or am I getting blue regardless?
Just read up on it now. If you renew right now up until early 2020 (early obviously being subjective, so let's say March) it's a lottery whether you get blue or burgandy. Post March all blue. NB, all new UK passports regardless of colour do not have EU on them anymore

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

burgundy

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:
I made sure I renewed as late as I could to get the burgundy 1 before all the blue ones were supposed to start getting issued.
Turns out I needn't have bothered 

blue 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

burgundy

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

blue 

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:
Mine is up in May. Short question for a short answer - should I renew now, or am I getting blue regardless?

blue or burgandy.

Natters debating the big issues again.

17 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

You won't get the extra time added to your new passport anymore if you apply early, but I still think it's worth trying to get an EU one before it's too late, a casual inspection could see you through borders without the hassle of proving you've got enough money and nothing hidden in your rectum etc.

Edited by welshbairn

You won't get the extra time added to your new passport anymore if you apply early, but I still think it's worth trying to get an EU one before it's too late, a casual inspection could see you through borders without the hassle of proving you've got enough money and nothing hidden in your rectum etc.
As per my comment above you can't get an EU one now, but you may get a burgundy

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As per my comment above you can't get an EU one now, but you may get a burgundy

Got mine just in time then.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There is no such thing as an EU passport.  I know you know this...