Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Re-running inconvenient democratic decisions is just abusive, controlling behaviour by the political establishment. Ideally, Social Work and the Polis should intervene.

You do realise you're literally arguing against their most recent referendums?

You're arguing for an older result to take precedence over a more recent referendum. So presumably you think they should still ban abortion and divorce, because they had referendums on those in 1983, 1986, 1992 and 2002? And maybe we should still have a Labour government because we voted for one in 1945?

I don't know about you but that strikes me as a bit, eh, undemocratic.

Oh, and thanks for absolutely beautifully proving my point.

28 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

You’ve already been shut down by Pet Jeden so I’ll leave this one alone.

This is definitive chess-playing pigeon stuff.

The key problem in arguing with stupid people is that they've little idea what's happening, so are able to convincingly create their own stories for themselves.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

You do realise you're literally arguing against their most recent referendums?

You're arguing for an older result to take precedence over a more recent referendum. So presumably you think they should still ban abortion and divorce, because they had referendums on those in 1983, 1986, 1992 and 2002? And maybe we should still have a Labour government because we voted for one in 1945?

I don't know about you but that strikes me as a bit, eh, undemocratic.

Oh, and thanks for absolutely beautifully proving my point.

Of course  it's okay to have a subsequent referendum that overturns a previous one. But the critical point for democracy is that you must first of all implement the decision of the first one.

36 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course  it's okay to have a subsequent referendum that overturns a previous one. But the critical point for democracy is that you must first of all implement the decision of the first one.

Do you really not know what happened in Ireland... twice??? 

1 hour ago, AB de Villiers said:

Another Nat personal insult when they’ve been beaten, can’t say I’m surprised.

It's not an insult. It's more of an observation. It's like if you said I was rubbish at golf, it wouldn't be an insult, just a fair assessment of my capabilities. People can't help it if they're working with insufficient RAM.

Johnson and the media, perhaps fearing/knowing that things are about to go tits up sooner rather than later, are urging 'healing' over Brexit.

Sorry, no can do - I'll continue to call out bigoted simpletons such as these whenever I come into contact with them. Their idiocy now affects us all and I cannot forgive them or their political and media svengalis.