Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Do you agree that Westminster should subsidise Scotland but not starving children?

What Scotland gets is determined by the Barnett formula.

Very beneficial.

Starving children should be fed by their parents who, if they are unable to do just that, should receive the appropriate benefits to allow them to fulfill their parental duties. I can’t be any clearer. If you disagree, that’s fair enough.

Ah, The Barnett formula where we get approximately half of what we put in. Not subsidies then. The same subsidies you strangely are against for the needy but you think your country gets.
Don’t see what the appeal of the Union is here at all.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

IMO, a correct decision.

It is the job of parents to feed their children , not the state.

If the parents don’t have enough money due to Covid related problems, then benefits policy needs to be looked at.

This was the principle espoused by Beveridge who founded the welfare state. Benefits were to meet short term problems but not to be a permanent state of affairs.

Chicago Public Schools offer every child a free breakfast and lunch because it’s cheaper to do that than it is means test it. Do you think they should means test it so it’s only those who temporarily need it get it?

Quite astonishing that someone can restart an old account, freely admit they're doing so to troll for attention, and have so many people interacting with them as though good faith arguments are being made.

Also nice to see Oaksoft back under a new name, although the measured personality schtick is still a bit dull so can we get back to the furious outrage about bloody paupers stealing tax money please?

29 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Quite astonishing that someone can restart an old account, freely admit they're doing so to troll for attention, and have so many people interacting with them as though good faith arguments are being made.

Also nice to see Oaksoft back under a new name, although the measured personality schtick is still a bit dull so can we get back to the furious outrage about bloody paupers stealing tax money please?

"Restart an old account" - I stopped posting for a few years then started again, you make that sound like a crime and I've never once said "I came back to troll for attention" or anything near that, i find it so weird that you and other boring as f**k posters get annoyed when people interact with me. I know you try really hard on posts that nobody cares about but don't take it out on me that people conversate with me, it's not a competition. 

Also funny that you think nothing I say could be a good faith argument because I've previously admitted to winding people up, as if other posters have never dared to do such things on an online messageboard, you're an utter wet wipe of a poster and you literally post about me whilst also getting irked that other posters speak to me, talk about defeating your own argument. 

25 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

DPB isn't oaksoft. He's been trolling the Falkirk thread for ages, and got ignored more and more so moved down here.

Also, I don't think Oaksoft ever displayed such nausea at the concept of LGBTQ+ people and the things they do.

Apologies to the master for being fooled by such a poor imitation.

18 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Anyone unable to work should be getting furlough from his employer (80% with less NI and tax and xpenses).

If self employed there is a scheme to pay based on last tax return.

Obviously, some folks will fall through the safety net and there is universal credit available.

Which category of person are you specifically highlighting who are unable to feed their kids? 

I would suggest maybe those working full time who are still relying on foodbanks to keep body and soul together. 

Universal Credit, for fck's sake.  Abhorrent doesn't do you justice. 

18 hours ago, Stormzy said:

IIRC they backtracked once and then knighted him hoping it would shut him up and then had to backtrack again.

I'd say a fair assesment would be that Bojo is a populist and he doesn't seem to mind backtracking at all depending on which way the political winds are blowing, the party says that they listened and correctly changed their minds whilst the opposition seems to sit back and hope the electorate are smart enough to clock what's going on, unfortunately for Keir this sensible approach could be his downfall as the electorate are extremely fickle. I think similar may happen with the nurses question and I do think they've really missed the mark by going with the minimum 2%, if the issue keeps getting brought up Boris will unashamedly realise the error of his ways and go above 2% which makes Labour look like Torylites. Keir really needs to up his game, he's still got time though. (I know that went mad off topic so apologies)

I must have missed that..

How To Kick Ass Even If You Are Stupid | by James Altucher | Mission.org |  Medium

41 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I must have missed that..

How To Kick Ass Even If You Are Stupid | by James Altucher | Mission.org |  Medium

Aye he got an MBE, not a knighthood. 

Norman, I'm a little bit weirded out by you following me around the forum at this point. I know you're a creepy old shitebag and you have some strange obsession with younger Rangers fans, probably due to your wedding incident and the fact you were relentlessly picked on by the bigger kids a lot which you've posted about but please can you stop interacting with me when you're quite blatantly quite a nasty bitter man, I have zero interest in discussing anything with such a foul unhinged unpleasant unfunny, dull as dishwater mollusc of a man. 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I would suggest maybe those working full time who are still relying on foodbanks to keep body and soul together. 

Universal Credit, for fck's sake.  Abhorrent doesn't do you justice. 

Why don’t you just ignore him? 

Norman, I'm a little bit weirded out by you following me around the forum at this point. I know you're a creepy old shitebag and you have some strange obsession with younger Rangers fans, probably due to your wedding incident and the fact you were relentlessly picked on by the bigger kids a lot which you've posted about but please can you stop interacting with me when you're quite blatantly quite a nasty bitter man, I have zero interest in discussing anything with such a foul unhinged unpleasant unfunny, dull as dishwater mollusc of a man. 
Yep, absolutely rent-free.

39 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Yep, absolutely rent-free.

I'm going to be the best man, oops, *bigger man and ignore you now.