Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm not absolutely clear wtf Sinn Fein has to do with this?  

Absolutely nothing - I was merely pointing out that May isn't the only politician to make things "clear". Or not, as the case may be.

She is however directly responsible for providing clarity on Brexit - the subject of this thread. And she's as clear as mud. She's also utterly desperate. There is no chance she can sign off a different arrangement for one part of the UK without a ton of bricks falling on her. 

3 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Did you miss the news today when the UK government tried to do a deal to keep NI effectivly in the EU and more politically and economically tied to the ROI than the UK?!

I think you mean GB.

We already have strong ties to the RoI as it is, there are North/South bodies co-operating on a whole host of things.

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

She is however directly responsible for providing clarity on Brexit - the subject of this thread. And she's as clear as mud. She's also utterly desperate. There is no chance she can sign off a different arrangement for one part of the UK without a ton of bricks falling on her. 

Yes, sir. :lol:

(Let me make this clear - there are 366 pages on this thread. Do you not think it has probably wandered off course before my misdemeanour?

It seems like the issue is that the DUP will veto any deal that involves Northern Ireland having some kind of special status and the ROI government will veto any deal which involves a hard border between the U.K. and ROI.

Not sure there is an easy answer because if there is no border between U.K./ROI or NI/mainland then anyone in the EU would be able to enter the U.K. mainland by going through ROI and NI.

Perhaps the Tories could convince someone else to vote with them other than the DUP?

It's totally hilarious watching the total comedy show that is the UK government. They are about to solve a problem on the Irish border in days that people have been trying to solve for years.

Irish government can't back down on the hard border issue. The DUP are loonies who won't listen to reason on anything that infringes their Unionism. 

No idea where this is going at all....  

18 minutes ago, Donathan said:

It seems like the issue is that the DUP will veto any deal that involves Northern Ireland having some kind of special status and the ROI government will veto any deal which involves a hard border between the U.K. and ROI.

Not sure there is an easy answer because if there is no border between U.K./ROI or NI/mainland then anyone in the EU would be able to enter the U.K. mainland by going through ROI and NI.

Perhaps the Tories could convince someone else to vote with them other than the DUP?

If Scotland  can pocket £1 billion, retain regulatory alignment with EU and effectively stay in the single market the SNP can take the place of the DUP and back the Tories.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I f*cking hate the Tories, their scum supporters, their scum right-wing press and especially these medieval bigots in Northern Ireland.

I even hate them more than I hated Thatcher. Or Ryan Jack.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Why does Arlene Foster always appear with a bunch of c***s around her?  Are they so desperate to get on TV?

They follow her around to see where she hid the half billion from the energy scam.

54 minutes ago, Donathan said:

An EFTA type agreement for the whole of GB/NI is the answer.

Continued peace in Ireland, no cliff top Brexit, and a form of independence for the Brexit voters.

Of course that wouldn't be enough for some Brexit voters, but I wouldn't worry about them. 5/6 pints in the pub, a wee moan on Twitter about it not being really Brexit etc, and they'll get on with their EPL football again.