Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, Cerberus said:
Some more good news on the Brexit front. The much cherished blue passports will be made in France. 

_100518969_telegraph.jpg

Just came on here to post this. Someone deserves a top goading award for this. Delicious.

I especially like this little nugget from De La Rue's CEO (from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/22/post-brexit-passports-set-to-be-made-by-franco-dutch-firm):

He said he would appeal against the decision, and he refused to guarantee that no jobs would be lost at the Gateshead plant the firm uses to produce the burgundy version.

Ooft.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43489462

So from Oct 2019 if you want to express your independence you can buy a new French made Blue passport.

But as existing passports will be honoured I can retain my Burgundy passport till it runs out in May 2025, thus holding onto a British made burgundy passport.

So if you wave your blue passport at me you are actually waving a French manufactured item at the holder of a British manufactured item :lol:

Edited by MEADOWXI
Pointed out Idiocy

47 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43489462

So from Oct 2019 if you want to express your independence you can buy a new French made Blue passport.

But as existing passports will be honoured I can retain my Burgundy passport till it runs out in May 2015, thus holding onto a British made burgundy passport.

So if you wave your blue passport at me you are actually waving a French manufactured item at the holder of a British manufactured item :lol:

I like what you have said here but one small point.  Your passport is out of date.:)

My passport runs out in January 2019, so I will get another burgundy EU one then.
This should keep me going until I get a nice new one issued by The People's Republic of Scotland in due course.
This will probably be dark blue.

Hopefully sky blue, as that should be the colour of the flag.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

My passport runs out in January 2019, so I will get another burgundy EU one then.

This should keep me going until I get a nice new one issued by The People's Republic of Scotland in due course.

This will probably be dark blue.

You can get it 9 months early if you want to make sure, they add on the extra months to the 10 years. My proud European Community passport will last till 2018. :)

4 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Norway and Denmark making noises about any deal to include access to uk waters! #StupidToryVotingFishermen

Norway don't have a say, and their fisheries are an opt out.

32 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Pardon my ignorance, can any EU member veto the final Brexit agreement? (obviously I’d expect the member states to be consulted on the negotiating stance & submit their red lines beforehand.
Technically, could Denmark or indeed Eire torpedo any potential agreement?

I’m pretty sure the national governments of all other 27 member states need to agree.  I’d imagine if any were to try to hold out when there was general consensus that they would be put under enormous pressure.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m pretty sure the national governments of all other 27 member states need to agree.  I’d imagine if any were to try to hold out when there was general consensus that they would be put under enormous pressure.

I'm fairly sure it is shadowy, unelected bureaucrats that make all the decisions. Ones that don't even have English as a first language. That's why we voted out, remember?

Pardon my ignorance, can any EU member veto the final Brexit agreement? (obviously I’d expect the member states to be consulted on the negotiating stance & submit their red lines beforehand.
Technically, could Denmark or indeed Eire torpedo any potential agreement?
Yes, anyone can veto. Obviously Ireland will be the most likely if they are not happy with border situation. With saying that no deal would leave a hard border so they would have to tread carefully. Also, to note, any favourable deal that the UK may be given which could lead to the rise of the far right parties in Holland, France etc (ie why can't we have our cake and eat it) would no doubt lead to veto. Future of the whole EU could be at stake if UK offered a very favourable deal.