Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, The Master said:

The colour of a passport really shouldn’t be of concern to anyone. However, now that the headbangers have made it the “ultimate symbol of Brexit”, and by extension a symbol of “Little England”, I’d feel almost embarrassed to show it. 

Thankfully my passport is due to be expire in January 2020 which means I can renew it before October 2019, when the colour change comes in. It means I can keep my distance from the imperialistic nonsense for a decade at least.

Mine doesn't expire until 2021 but I'll be renewing it next year to make sure I get a normal coloured passport, and not a blue one which would mark me out as a bigoted aging racist and khqunt.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

“It means integrating with 85% Eastern Europeans, and people feel uncomfortable with it.”

I'd like to know what an 85% Eastern European is. Somebody from Poland with a German Great Gran?

David Davis once again shrugging off the Irish border issue.  It will be interesting to observe the absolute chaos that will emerge when a final solution emerges whether it be capitulation by the U.K. government or a hard border.

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'd like to know what an 85% Eastern European is. Somebody from Poland with a German Great Gran?

It about getting on a bus to go out to the fields and 85% of the people are talking a language you don't understand and you are convinced they are all talking about you.

I'm  starting to get the feeling the Tory government will keep N.Ireland in alignment with the Republic resulting in no hard border.  Even if the DUP bring down the UK government because of that, the possible replacement is Corbyn who will do exactly the same.

Corbyn also seems to have flat-lined, and you get the feeling the Tories would feel confident going into a UK general election.  Corbyn should be miles ahead in the polls but if anything he's going slightly backwards.

Rumbles within the Labour party may sense this and their voices of criticism seem to be getting louder. I'm not so sure Labour would emerge as the largest party after an election.

How all this plays out constitutionally in the long run is anyone's guess. N.Ireland getting a special deal won't go down well in Scotland and to a lesser extent Wales.

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I'm  starting to get the feeling the Tory government will keep N.Ireland in alignment with the Republic resulting in no hard border.  Even if the DUP bring down the UK government because of that, the possible replacement is Corbyn who will do exactly the same.

Corbyn also seems to have flat-lined, and you get the feeling the Tories would feel confident going into a UK general election.  Corbyn should be miles ahead in the polls but if anything he's going slightly backwards.

Rumbles within the Labour party may sense this and their voices of criticism seem to be getting louder. I'm not so sure Labour would emerge as the largest party after an election.

How all this plays out constitutionally in the long run is anyone's guess. N.Ireland getting a special deal won't go down well in Scotland and to a lesser extent Wales.

Not amongst the Scottish government, but you can bet your bottom dollar that any legitimate complaint will be dismissed as “grievance” (any concerns Scots have about unfair treatment being “grievance”, whilst any concerns good Britons have about the EU being “legitimate democratic concerns”) by the Little Britons. The UK government doesn’t care about Scotland or Wales. 

22 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Not amongst the Scottish government, but you can bet your bottom dollar that any legitimate complaint will be dismissed as “grievance” (any concerns Scots have about unfair treatment being “grievance”, whilst any concerns good Britons have about the EU being “legitimate democratic concerns”) by the Little Britons. The UK government doesn’t care about Scotland or Wales. 

Events, dear boy, events..  Grievance of  a special deal for N.Ireland  and a possible request for Section 30 order for indyref2 being denied must be taken full advantage of - in fact not to do so would be a dereliction of duty.  This can be carried on to the Holyrood elections and an unambiguous mandate for indyref2. If they then deny that it's a whole new ball game!  

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Events, dear boy, events..  Grievance of  a special deal for N.Ireland  and a possible request for Section 30 order for indyref2 being denied must be taken full advantage of - in fact not to do so would be a dereliction of duty.  This can be carried on to the Holyrood elections and an unambiguous mandate for indyref2. If they then deny that it's a whole new ball game!  

Would enough Scottish voters care a jot about this ?

My guess is that around 75% of the Scottish electorate are not in the least bit concerned about the minutae of constitutional wrangling and will quite happily accept any Brexit outcome.

Another guess is that Westminster knows this full well, and if the SNP don't they damn well should, before they consider an unwinnable 2nd referendum.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Would enough Scottish voters care a jot about this ?

My guess is that around 75% of the Scottish electorate are not in the least bit concerned about the minutae of constitutional wrangling and will quite happily accept any Brexit outcome.

Another guess is that Westminster knows this full well, and if the SNP don't they damn well should, before they consider an unwinnable 2nd referendum.

Are you saying 45% of the electorate who voted Yes and still support independence won't be the least bit concerned if Westminster said no?  And the 62% who voted  remain will just shrug their shoulders and accept N.Ireland special deal? 

Are you saying 45% of the electorate who voted Yes and still support independence won't be the least bit concerned if Westminster said no?  And the 62% who voted  remain will just shrug their shoulders and accept N.Ireland special deal? 
It's not the 45% it's the remainder that won't care tbh

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Yes, but that doesn't equate to 75% of the electorate not caring

38 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
41 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

That remainder includes EU (non-UK) Nationals too.  

10 hours ago, strichener said:

No mention of the 1000s of tons that were thrown away as "discard" based on EU regulations?

If you agree with quotas for certain fish to preserve stocks, how else do you enforce them? Sorry Gov, accidentally caught 10 tons of Pilchard, sorry, won't happen again, what's the price like by the way?