Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I genuinely forgot that Alistair Carmichael existed.

Alistair Carmichael had likely started to forget that Alistair Carmichael existed.

I genuinely don't think I've seen his name mentioned since the shambolic and wildly incorrect leak about Sturgeon wanting a Cameron election win in 2015.

Alistair Carmichael had likely started to forget that Alistair Carmichael existed. I genuinely don't think I've seen his name mentioned since the shambolic and wildly incorrect leak about Sturgeon wanting a Cameron election win in 2015.

And that was because of those nasty Nats prosecuting a man who did nothing more than make up wildly untrue accusations about a political opponent.

in event of a hard "No Deal" there may be a power issue in Northern Ireland......and I'm not talking politically either.

https://www.ft.com/content/dcd8bb09-d583-3407-9209-942ab7915513

"Thousands of electricity generators would have to be requisitioned at short notice and put on barges in the Irish Sea to help keep the lights on in Northern Ireland in the event of the hardest no-deal Brexit, according to one paper drawn up by Whitehall officials."

53 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

in event of a hard "No Deal" there may be a power issue in Northern Ireland......and I'm not talking politically either.

"Thousands of electricity generators would have to be requisitioned at short notice and put on barges in the Irish Sea to help keep the lights on in Northern Ireland in the event of the hardest no-deal Brexit, according to one paper drawn up by Whitehall officials."

That's definitely not Project Fear level scaremongering.

The article may explain but so apologies for being lazy, but how the f**k would that end up being the case?

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
55 minutes ago, Detournement said:
That's definitely not Project Fear level scaremongering.

Similar to some of the shite your party was pedaling to try and stop Scotland gaining it's independence and chain us to this shite

Very true.

Brown/Darling/Murphy/Cameron/Osbourne/Umunna/Clegg/Alexander/Carmicheal/Davidson/May. All of them represent the same interests.

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

The article may explain but so apologies for being lazy, but how the f**k would that end up being the case?

Northern Ireland relies heavily on imports from Ireland for it's electrical supply in a 'single market energy deal' which was made after the Good Friday Agreement, in the event of a No deal that deal will fall down (it requires open borders for trade and services which a No Deal would not provide).

So the plan is for the government to have generators floating off the coast of N.Ireland to keep the lights on. 

I may have oversimplified a few things but this is the general gist of it

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Northern Ireland relies heavily on imports from Ireland for it's electrical supply in a 'single market energy deal' which was made after the Good Friday Agreement, in the event of a No deal that deal will fall down (it requires open borders for trade and services which a No Deal would not provide).
So the plan is for the government to have generators floating off the coast of N.Ireland to keep the lights on. 
I may have oversimplified a few things but this is the general gist of it

Ah, spot on. Cheers man! Probably is oversimplified but means I can follow it!