Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Limited places in Indian universities and the fact that foreign education is seen as a bonus for Indian employers.
We get the money they spend in return so its not really something to get to upset about.

Limited places in Indian universities and the fact that foreign education is seen as a bonus for Indian employers.
We get the money they spend in return so its not really something to get to upset about.

Who's getting upset about it? British Universities make a very lucrative business from International students my question was the motivation to request an increase in visas to the UK? is it a brain drain on their workforce or as you appear to suggest newly qualified students head back to potential employers back in India armed with a British Degree. It was a genuine question?

9 hours ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Indeed I do. In this great union of ours.

Don't you mean "in this great country of ours", meaning the glorious United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? Look - you don't even have to choke out the name of the shameful region you inhabit.

9 hours ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Whereas with the nats, ugly servility is a trait.

With BritNats like yourself, undoubtedly. Case in point: you showed a glimmer of resistance on the morning after the referendum when you realised England and Wales were going to yank Scotland out of the EU despite every council ward here voting to remain - but then the abject servility kicked in and it was back to "yes, Sir - may I have another, Sir?"

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

With BritNats like yourself, undoubtedly. Case in point: you showed a glimmer of resistance on the morning after the referendum when you realised England and Wales were going to yank Scotland out of the EU despite every council ward here voting to remain - but then the abject servility kicked in and it was back to "yes, Sir - may I have another, Sir?"

Such anger! Still I understand. It can't be easy being on the losing side of an independence referendum. Don't worry the hurt will fade and you will be fine.

More remoaner "experts" trying to use the rule of law to get their own way....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-campaigns-crown-prosecutors-cps-complaint-a7403161.html

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

28 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Scot Gov sending Lord Advocate to kick some Brexit arse at Supreme court.

Hope the supreme court tell him to do one and to raise their own action if they want to plead a case for Scotland to have it's own vote. What an embarrassment for the Scottish and UK governments.

14 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

So the Indian Government haven't being pressing the PM today to increase the number of Visas issued to Indian Nationals as an incentive for improved access to potential trade deals.

Do we watch completely different news programmes???

No. I just don't blindly believe everything I hear in the britnat media. Unlike your gullible self.

58 minutes ago, strichener said:

Hope the supreme court tell him to do one and to raise their own action if they want to plead a case for Scotland to have it's own vote. What an embarrassment for the Scottish and UK governments.

37 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

Smacks o desperation fae the SNP  .   really pitiful stuff

Indeed. How embarassing! Imagine not wanting Scotlands future to be dictated by one tory dictator who rarely steps foot in Scotland. The sensible thing would be just to shut up and offer ourselves to heil Theresa.... Forget law and parliamentary process. Our great dictator should tell us how it is and we should comply with her orders without question.

14 minutes ago, Poo said:

Indeed. How embarassing! Imagine not wanting Scotlands future to be dictated by one tory dictator who rarely steps foot in Scotland. The sensible thing would be just to shut up and offer ourselves to heil Theresa.... Forget law and parliamentary process. Our great dictator should tell us how it is and we should comply with her orders without question.

So does Scotland get two votes then - 1 in Parliament and 1 in Holyrood?  Hardly seems fair and appears rather anti-democratic.  Sturgeon can bleat on about having an equal say but unfortunately the constitutional arrangement in place at this time do not support such an arrangement.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

So does Scotland get two votes then - 1 in Parliament and 1 in Holyrood?  Hardly seems fair and appears rather anti-democratic.  Sturgeon can bleat on about having an equal say but unfortunately the constitutional arrangement in place at this time do not support such an arrangement.

The SNP and Scottish Government don't have much of a choice in this, they have to be seen to be doing whatever they can to push Scotlands interests, as well as independence. Taking no action would see them slaughtered.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Scotland had a vote and voted to remain in the EU. Is it fair that it seems to count for absolutely nothing?

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

but unfortunately the constitutional arrangement in place at this time do not support such an arrangement.

At this time? Don't you mean forever?

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The SNP and Scottish Government don't have much of a choice in this, they have to be seen to be doing whatever they can to push Scotlands interests, as well as independence. Taking no action would see them slaughtered.

Of course they have a choice, they could have petitioned the court at the same time as the original case.  Instead they have waited for the ruling and then decided to try and get involved at the appeal stage. The cynic in me sees them using the inevitable rejection by the Supreme Court to allow any submission from the Scottish Government as more "the UK doesn't care about Scotland's wishes" rhetoric from the SNP.  We will see over time.

Just now, strichener said:

Of course they have a choice, they could have petitioned the court at the same time as the original case.  Instead they have waited for the ruling and then decided to try and get involved at the appeal stage. The cynic in me sees them using the inevitable rejection by the Supreme Court to allow any submission from the Scottish Government as more "the UK doesn't care about Scotland's wishes" rhetoric from the SNP.  We will see over time.

They were outspoken from the start and there was no need to get involved in the original case, they weren't going to be able to impact it.

Now it's all posturing, being seen and being heard because if they don't they will take a hammering amongst their core support.

And if they do say what you suggest they will, which is very likely, they won't be wrong.

Whatever happens I don't really give a f*ck anyway. I think Scotland would be better served out of both unions and worse off being in one but not the other.

14 minutes ago, Poo said:

Scotland had a vote and voted to remain in the EU. Is it fair that it seems to count for absolutely nothing?

At this time? Don't you mean forever?

If it was a purely Scottish franchise then you would have a point.

I hope not, Scotland will at some point in the future have another referendum.  Hopefully we choose a different path from the last one.

Just now, Ross. said:

They were outspoken from the start and there was no need to get involved in the original case, they weren't going to be able to impact it.

Now it's all posturing, being seen and being heard because if they don't they will take a hammering amongst their core support.

And if they do say what you suggest they will, which is very likely, they won't be wrong.

Whatever happens I don't really give a f*ck anyway. I think Scotland would be better served out of both unions and worse off being in one but not the other.

Of course they will be wrong, unless you are suggesting that the Supreme Court will be deciding based on politics rather than law.  If so then you will also be ready to excuse the behaviour of all those that have been accusing the High Court of the very same.

Whilst critical of the previous judgement, I have every confidence that the decision was made by the judges using their interpretation of the law and not on political grounds.  I am confident that the Supreme Court will do likewise.