Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 10/23/2018 at 22:22, welshbairn said:

I don't tink a comedian is the man to sort out our constitutional issues, ti be fair. Tea?

P.S. Ireland will be fucked as bad if not even more by a hard brexit. They have very few levers, other than the EU backing them over the border. They still need a free market to the UK mainland.

We have comedians negotiating our Brexit.

As to the rest. Bollocks. We can't even get a WTO deal agreed - a 5-year wait is the latest I read today. It ain't Ireland that is stockpiling medicine, turning motorways into lorry parks and appointing the first Minister for Food Security since WWII... Ireland has the entire EU and it's deals with the wider world.  Good old England may be important to Ireland but not more so than the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The irony is that it is the same hard right politicians who want us out of the EU that stood by whilst traditional industry in this country was decimated.

The one economist the hard Brexit mob always cite - Professor Patrick Minford - has publicly said that his vision of Brexit would lead to the end of heavy industry and manufacturing in Britain.

It's funny how Johnson, Ress-Mogg, Leadsom et al never mention that.

12 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

And you may ask yourself
Am I right? Am I wrong?
And you may say yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Where is my beautiful wife?

11 hours ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

This thread is teaming with cry babies and panic merchants. People should really get a grip of themselves.

Relax folks it's as Rasta Marley used to say "everything's going to be alright" :thumsup2

Hei a Mhoncaidh... ceàrr. Tha cuisean a' dol a dhoilidh...

Things are going as pear-shaped as they could possibly be.

The US and China are reportedly among 20 countries attempting to block Britain from agreeing a fast-track deal with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on its post-Brexit terms of trade with the rest of the world. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-wto-liam-fox-no-deal-international-trade-a8603811.html

Edited by Crùbag

Liam Fox was hoping for a quick and easy process to establish the terms of the UK’s WTO membership before Brexit takes place,” Mr MacNeil said.

Liam Fox: “The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history.

I see a recurring theme here.

7 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Bit disappointing, some direct evidence that Rees Mogg is a cheating, fraudulent b*****d would be good, including that he's bet his entire wealth on a hard brexit, and the collapse of the UK economy. Get to work.

7 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Be completely honest, does this surprise anyone?

Being completely honest I would be shocked if Mogg and his like were NOT making money from Brexit.  

Toryism is based on greed and self interest.

58 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You can just imagine that stupid woman fighting a civil war.

She would only manage to fight between ‘reality’ TV shows and even then she would be stopping every 10 minutes for a snack break.