Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I still don’t know what Remainers, or at least the prominent ones in the media, have as a response to the obvious deep rooted anger at Westminster that manifested itself in 2016. Cancelling Brexit and pretending we can stick to the status quo isn’t going to resolve anything.
Good post

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

A lot of promises were made to NO voters in the 2014 Scottish referendum and despite pretty much all of these promises being torn up within an hour after the result, the polls still won't budge 4 years on, despite everything that has happened.

You don't know why people voted the way they did, you just presume to know why.

I would accept that people voted Leave for all kinds of reasons, although I would still say a lot of them were seriously influenced by the Leave campaign and their hollow promises

I agree with you on broken promises on Indyref1. Presumably you voted Yes to Indy and voted to Leave in the EU referendum?

I think a lot of leave voters know that there will be short term difficulties, in some cases quite major ones. But adjustments will be made, and they see long term benefits of getting away from the EU and its laws.
Can you give some examples of bad EU laws that you will be pleased to get away from?

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:
17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
I think a lot of leave voters know that there will be short term difficulties, in some cases quite major ones. But adjustments will be made, and they see long term benefits of getting away from the EU and its laws.

Can you give some examples of bad EU laws that you will be pleased to get away from?

Maybe he's thinking about bent bananas and vacuum cleaners.

Sigh...

I did not vote leave.

But I fully understand the perceived lack of democracy regarding the EU. It is an incredibly bureaucratic organisation. People could show more interest in their eu election candidates but they don't. It's remote, and incredibly unpopular.

I still don’t know what Remainers, or at least the prominent ones in the media, have as a response to the obvious deep rooted anger at Westminster that manifested itself in 2016. Cancelling Brexit and pretending we can stick to the status quo isn’t going to resolve anything.
Let's get one thing clear; most of the division, inequality and austerity in the UK has its origins in the UK and has f**k all to do with the EU. As for the real chestnut of immigration, the Tories started the process and Labour willingly continued it, as depressed wages and a ready pool of labour leverages shareholder and corporate profit.
Many Remainers creamed money from this and many will currently be evading tax. That is all WRONG, but FFS you don't help a bad back by amputating your legs.
The only sane course is to scrap the whole idea; if I order double-glazing I get a right to change my mind, never mind a decision which will redefine the UK forever.

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:
19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bendy bananas, Syrian folk coming here, and literally 80% of my town speaking Polish.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Sigh...

I did not vote leave.

But I fully understand the perceived lack of democracy regarding the EU. It is an incredibly bureaucratic organisation. People could show more interest in their eu election candidates but they don't. It's remote, and incredibly unpopular.

That's certainly true. I wonder how many on here could name their MEP without looking it up.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's certainly true. I wonder how many on here could name their MEP without looking it up.

They should bring first past the post for it, stop these UKIP wankers getting in for a start.

47 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I would accept that people voted Leave for all kinds of reasons, although I would still say a lot of them were seriously influenced by the Leave campaign and their hollow promises

I agree with you on broken promises on Indyref1. Presumably you voted Yes to Indy and voted to Leave in the EU referendum?

I voted yes and voted to remain in the EU. But there you are, presuming things again.

45 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:
59 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

CFP, CAP, having an unelected Commission as a senior part of government and mandating the cookie banner that comes up on every website.

I voted to remain by the way

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

CFP, CAP, having an unelected Commission as a senior part of government and mandating the cookie banner that comes up on every website.

I voted to remain by the way

The Commission members are appointed by the elected governments.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Commission members are appointed by the elected governments.

A partial defence; they don't represent those countries. They represent the EU itself.  

That biases the whole arrangement towards ever closer union which has a big fear for many and has not been voted on in this country. 

I don't consider political appointees in the lords democratic. IIRC Mandleson got voted out at an election before his mate gave him the job.

Oh and i forgot, the b*****ds made us put meat in the great british banger. Remember 80% rusk sausages, lovely.

Just now, coprolite said:

A partial defence; they don't represent those countries. They represent the EU itself.  

That biases the whole arrangement towards ever closer union which has a big fear for many and has not been voted on in this country. 

I don't consider political appointees in the lords democratic. IIRC Mandleson got voted out at an election before his mate gave him the job.

Oh and i forgot, the b*****ds made us put meat in the great british banger. Remember 80% rusk sausages, lovely.

A fully and directly democratic Europe with MEP's electing the Commission would really step up the fear of an ever closer union. I get annoyed by Eurosceptics complaining about how undemocratic it is when it's the last thing they want.