Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I fail to be convinced that a 2nd referendum would produce a different result.
I’m actually dreading the “people’s vote”. If it comes to pass.
Far too many morons thought it would be a great idea to leave the EU in 2016, I honestly believe, unless hit directly, before the vote, would be even more entrenched.
I’m not certain the sensible people have as good numbers.
I really hope I’m wrong but opinion polls have really been out lately.
Am I the only one that worries about another referendum?

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Far too many morons thought it would be a great idea to leave the EU in 2016, I honestly believe, unless hit directly, before the vote, would be even more entrenched.

No,  you can never underestimate the amount of complete and utter morons in this country.

Opinion polls are generally extremely accurate. All a second vote would do is ensure a motivated electorate. If Leave wins, then so be it. I’d put money on yes winning by at least 4%.

38 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Given that I've been shocked and appalled by nearly every recent vote, I've no confidence Remain would win another referendum, even with so much more being now known about the consequences. A massive recent poll calls it 50/50 depending on the question.

696.png?width=780&quality=45&auto=format

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Don't you think they would just fix the referendum this time to ensure the desirable outcome? Assuming that's not what happened last time.

I thought Soros, the Illuminati and the liberal elite wanted a remain vote.

As I understand it - every country that we have a trade deal with at the moment is through the EU because we are members of the EU.

If we leave the EU with no deal, then the following day, the UK will be the only country in the world that does not have a trade deal with anyone.

That means our safety standards, quality standards and other standards cannot be officially recognised by anyone, even if they believe those standards probably haven't changed since the day before.

This will make it difficult, if not impossible, to export anything that requires standards to be met.

Am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

As I understand it - every country that we have a trade deal with at the moment is through the EU because we are members of the EU.

If we leave the EU with no deal, then the following day, the UK will be the only country in the world that does not have a trade deal with anyone.

That means our safety standards, quality standards and other standards cannot be officially recognised by anyone, even if they believe those standards probably haven't changed since the day before.

This will make it difficult, if not impossible, to export anything that requires standards to be met.

Am I missing something?

Aye, but the moment we leave, we're going to be trading with the rest of the world which the naughty EU was stopping us from doing.

102465109RestrictedMichaelGoveNEWS_trans

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given that I've been shocked and appalled by nearly every recent vote, I've no confidence Remain would win another referendum, even with so much more being now known about the consequences. A massive recent poll calls it 50/50 depending on the question.

696.png?width=780&quality=45&auto=format

There's no doubt in my mind that there will be a heavy leave vote in England and a heavy remain vote in Scotland. The aggregate will probably tip it in favour of leave again.

The Tories c***s will quickly point out that we are voting as an United Kingdom.

23 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Am I missing something?

They were hoping that the WTO would allow us to deal on the same EU terms until we negotiate new trade deals, they're not having it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-wto-liam-fox-no-deal-international-trade-a8603811.html

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's no doubt in my mind that there will be a heavy leave vote in England and a heavy remain vote in Scotland. The aggregate will probably tip it in favour of leave again.

The Tories c***s will quickly point out that we are voting as an United Kingdom.

The NI result would be interesting, see if the staunch NEVER! NO AND ALWAYS NO sectarian contingent is reducing with the DUP seemingly acting against the stated interests of the majority.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The NI result would be interesting, see if the staunch NEVER! NO AND ALWAYS NO sectarian contingent is reducing with the DUP seemingly acting against the stated interests of the majority.

I don't think a vote in a further referendum would have much bearing in any subsequent election for council, assembly or Westminster.

47 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Am I missing something?

German Cars.