Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

You’re a daft wee laddie who seems to think that gratuitous insults add to what he has to say.
Read my post again then tell me which comparable countries are less corrupt than the U.K.
Germany. A decent political system based on federalism, no manic housing market, an investment credo based on the medium and long-term, no heads wedged up America's arsehole and a healthy arms- length relationship with both Anglo-American and Russian military aggression.

Throw in very little political scandal, no nukes, a manufacturing base as the engine of an economy in which most gain a share, and finally the grave responsibility that their history has placed on modern Germany.

That's if you consider that the UK is still in their league, mark you.

28 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Germany. A decent political system based on federalism, no manic housing market, an investment credo based on the medium and long-term, no heads wedged up America's arsehole and a healthy arms- length relationship with both Anglo-American and Russian military aggression.

Throw in very little political scandal, no nukes, a manufacturing base as the engine of an economy in which most gain a share, and finally the grave responsibility that their history has placed on modern Germany.

Agree with all of that.

Great post. Germany is currently a far superior country to the UK.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Could expand to most of northwest Europe tbh. Not to say these countries are perfect but the amount of stuff that is obviously systematically broken here vs Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Sweden etc. is depressing.

I blame it on Edmund Blackadder and his rigged election for a Mr S Baldrick to win the rotten borough of Dunny-on-the-Wold.    

British politics, stinking for centuries.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Could expand to most of northwest Europe tbh. Not to say these countries are perfect but the amount of stuff that is obviously systematically broken here vs Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Sweden etc. is depressing.

With the exception of Germany, all small nations.  Mmm.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

& the high degree of autonomy for German regions contributes to that trend too. Not rocket science. If you've got a small country you can more easily kick out shit governments.

I don’t know about the electoral system in these countries but I am willing to bet that they cannot produce majority governments with about 37% of the vote.