St. Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian, 17/09/2016

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mannus

Mackay           Anderson          Wright          Easton

O'Halloran     Millar       Dunne       Wotherspoon

Maclean          May

Thats another of the legends no longer playing for us.  One more and that's over half the team.

Just to make Hearts fans aware, but we're having a silence for Mackay on Saturday. It'll last the full 90 minutes.

Your cooperation will be most welcome

Tommy Wright at it now calling us divers and saying Nichoslson dived on Saturday.  Outrageous tbh, there was one camera angle, no conclusive proof at all that there wasn't contact and the boy slid in and got nowhere near the ball and made no complaint.

Hope we ram his words down his fat throat.

In fairness to Hearts, they've done wonders for equality in Scottish football this season.  There were allegations last season that 'foreign players cheat by diving' aimed primarily at certain foreign Hearts player(s); this season they've tackled that head on by encouraging the whole fucking team to dive in the box at every opportunity.

30 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's very dodgy ground from Wright and it's also unprofessional as f**k.  I know it's an attempt at mind games but it's against league rules to call teams cheats, unless you're Scott Brown obviously.

I haven't seen any comments, where was it reported?

Tommy Wright is an old school honest guy that hates cheating.  Apparently, he once dragged Brian Graham back to his Perthshire farm and locked him in a barn with his pit bulls to teach him a lesson for diving and winning a penalty in a 1-0 win over Inverness.  While Tommy stood back with a grin on his face,  puffing on a cigar and listening to Puccini, some of the farm hands had to drag Graham out; he was a cowering mess, and left us a few months later.  Rumour is he's now plying his trade at some obscure outpost in the lower leagues.  

True story.

Tommy Wright at it now calling us divers and saying Nichoslson dived on Saturday.  Outrageous tbh, there was one camera angle, no conclusive proof at all that there wasn't contact and the boy slid in and got nowhere near the ball and made no complaint.

Hope we ram his words down his fat throat.

Given the position that Craig Thomson was in he should have had a better angle than the camera

Mind you he was in a perfect position for the Tony Watt penalty and fucked that up royally so maybe he did that twice.

Isn't google a wonderful thing? From a quick search I managed to find:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone/242313/jolly-joker-simon-lappin-admits-st-johnstone-team-mate-does-dive-but-only-in-training/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31562833 - "Chris Kane thought he should have had a penalty after he fell to the turf following a storming O'Halloran run, only to instead be booked for diving."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/inverness-ct/brian-graham-facing-ban-for-dive-that-won-game-1-3643054

and my personal favourite...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24194638 - "St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright has hit back at counterpart Neil Lennon for accusing Steven McLean of diving during over the Perth side. "I don't know exactly what Neil said, but I have a golden rule - I don't comment on opposition players. Maybe Neil shouldn't comment on mine."

Not so much of a golden rule now eh Tommy.

Imagine my surprise at discovering it isn't big bad physical diving Hearts that are the only team to have players that dive or are accused of diving. All teams have players that dive or go down easily - off the top of my head, so far this season I can remember Halliday, Griffiths, Dembele, Imrie and the Inverness guy that was booked against us all diving. Strange that its only Hearts players that seem to get mentioned in the press and by opposition players/managers.

:lol: surprised any hearts fan actually disagrees. Dirtiest team in the league by far who have players who are prone to simulation. This is not something to moan about, just an observation, it's something that works for you so why would you stop. We have the players to combat this though, as has been proven many times and will be again tomorrow. 

Archived