Even less of a title race with the return of Rangers

Guest DAVIDB69

On 9/10/2016 at 21:32, DC92 said:

That said, we don't really have a reliable goalscorer and with Rherras looking unconvincing at left-back and an inexperienced keeper I wouldn't be surprised if we get sucker-punched a few times this season, as we almost did today. 

Sage words from DC92 here, going by Saturday's game.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another round of games and teams dropping points everywhere,this one horse race is starting to take shape,nobody can win the league in September or October but they can certainly lose the chance of winning it,bad results for hearts st johnstone and rangers,good results for aberdeen and ross county,motherwell and inverness undefeated in 4 games but dundee and killie in free fall,every team in the league has no consistency bar celtic,from 2nd to 12th there is very little between the teams.celtic can lose to the jags and still win the league

• 2 weeks later...

the first quarter of the season is nearly over with most teams only 3 games to play,going by the results who has the hardest next 3 games,with games getting cancelled for cup games it becomes a bit of a mash up,celtic have motherwell(h)Ross county(a)Aberdeen(a),Aberdeen have Ross county(h),Hamilton(A),celtic(H),hearts have Dundee(H),kilmarnock(A)inverness(A) and last st johnstone have kilmarnock(H)Dundee(H)rangers(A) with the rest of the teams in the league need to improve before they can be considered Challengers. 

in the whole of last season Celtic only lost 4 games and when you look at the league today after 9 games 6 teams have already lost 4 games,so the competitive nature of your league that any team can beat any team on there day is in full swing(excluding Celtic),which asks another question would i like Celtic to be part of that competitive nature no i wouldn't i would rather the teams raised there level and had a more winning mentality in each game.for me this is the managers settling for a draw with 20 minutes of the games left. 

On 20/09/2016 at 02:06, PauloPerth said:

If only Dundee Utd were part of this division, it would all be so much better... ??

:blink:

United were relegated. But a typical average season for them they would be sitting in the league table where Rangers are now. Like for like. As I said in the other reply a better class of fan as well.

On 20/09/2016 at 02:20, The_Kincardine said:

Utterly lovely.  No overreaction from you, at all, chap.  Lovely to see you being sane and objective.

Why? Do you disagree that there were certain supporters and people in media and around football clubs at the end of last season and the start of the season that truly believed Rangers would challenge Celtic for the title this season?

2 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Why? Do you disagree that there were certain supporters and people in media and around football clubs at the end of last season and the start of the season that truly believed Rangers would challenge Celtic for the title this season?

That post needs more "seasons" IMHO

Sevco will finish 2nd or 3rd because so many Scottish players and managers are hideous cowards who will shite it when they play Sevco, either through some hilariously placed measure of 'respect' that they feel Sevco are due (because in the mind of the vast majority of Scottish football dullards this is part of the accepted culture) and/or because they themselves are Sevco fans and they are in 'awe' of their 'heroes'.

If more players and managers realised that they are no more than a fairly decent Premiership team at best then and didn't absolutely shite themselves when playing Sevco then more teams would get results against them. So many teams are beaten before they even play Sevco.

in the whole of last season Celtic only lost 4 games and when you look at the league today after 9 games 6 teams have already lost 4 games,so the competitive nature of your league that any team can beat any team on there day is in full swing(excluding Celtic),which asks another question would i like Celtic to be part of that competitive nature no i wouldn't i would rather the teams raised there level and had a more winning mentality in each game.for me this is the managers settling for a draw with 20 minutes of the games left. 

Absolute word salad.

Try and construct an actual point.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolute word salad.

Try and construct an actual point.

And he started so well, but then from ''4 games'' onwards the drugs started to take hold.

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sevco will finish 2nd or 3rd because so many Scottish players and managers are hideous cowards who will shite it when they play Sevco, either through some hilariously placed measure of 'respect' that they feel Sevco are due (because in the mind of the vast majority of Scottish football dullards this is part of the accepted culture) and/or because they themselves are Sevco fans and they are in 'awe' of their 'heroes'.

If more players and managers realised that they are no more than a fairly decent Premiership team at best then and didn't absolutely shite themselves when playing Sevco then more teams would get results against them. So many teams are beaten before they even play Sevco.

This has crossed my mind as well, bad brain, bad brain.  Surely no teams lie down to Rangers, surely not and it would never cross anyone's mind that Dunfermline would either, no?

Accies had the right idea in the first game, disrupt their play, get in their faces. Hibs took almost a whole season to suss them out, but when they did it was a joy to watch, maybe there's a few managers who could learn from those examples.

As for us at ICT we lie down to Partick Thistle all the time and every home game we play against against Accies. Blame us for Accies still being in the Premiership. Dundee and County have long since realised our superiority and let us win though we do let County win sometimes at least to keep the highland cash cow going and not get them relegated.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What utter, unadulterated rubbish.

Such a fool.

"Raised there(sic) level" says it all.

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

^^^ This guy gets it 

Said a good few times, if you look at why Celtic and Rangers struggle against crappy European teams who are no better than most other Scottish Premiership teams is it because that crappy wee diddy isn't wanking themself off at the thought of playing their boyhood heroes?

Sick of reading stories about how players for team X grew up idolising Rangers/Celtic and how its a dream come true to visit Ibrox/Parkhead as a player.

Too many teams are afraid to lay a glove on both of them and it's embarrassing that these guys get paid as professionals. 

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

^^^ This guy gets it 

Said a good few times, if you look at why Celtic and Rangers struggle against crappy European teams who are no better than most other Scottish Premiership teams is it because that crappy wee diddy isn't wanking themself off at the thought of playing their boyhood heroes?

Sick of reading stories about how players for team X grew up idolising Rangers/Celtic and how its a dream come true to visit Ibrox/Parkhead as a player.

Too many teams are afraid to lay a glove on both of them and it's embarrassing that these guys get paid as professionals. 

Unusual that two fans of minor clubs have such strong opinions about the big boy league. Perhaps focus on your own club's 20th, and 15th place in Scottish football before you criticise your betters...?

Also struggling to remember the times that Rangers have failed to beat poor European opposition...I'm not sure they've had the honour of representing Scotland in their short history.

Archived