Even less of a title race with the return of Rangers

Guest DAVIDB69

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd heard we should all be thrilled about the title race we'd at last get.

I assume that's still on course then.  Yeah?

Aye (add a point for celtic as it hasnt updated)

Screenshot_20160918-165346.jpg

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd heard we should all be thrilled about the title race we'd at last get.

I assume that's still on course then.  Yeah?

I find it incredible that so many people in the media don't understand that if you don't support Rangers or Celtic, you couldn't care less which one of them wins the league. The last couple of seasons have been the only time I've had any interest in how Celtic were doing, because there was a very slight chance that we would catch them.

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I find it incredible that so many people in the media don't understand that if you don't support Rangers or Celtic, you couldn't care less which one of them wins the league. 

That is a central truth that just escapes so many of those with platforms in the media.

I literally could not care less which of them wins.  In either case, a team from Glasgow which I wish nothing but ill upon, will have won.

It's that irony again that Celtic and Rangers fans think the two clubs could not be more different from each other.  To many of us though, they're barely distinguishable.

Scottish football needs a strong Dundee Utd back in the top tier challenging for top 4 places place instead of that over rated pish living of another club's name pretending to be Rangers and which right now looks to be heading free fall into the bottom six. Can't see who the fake team have replaced like for like, certainly not Dundee Utd.

I think a lot of people including those at Celtic have overestimated and overreacted to this club being promoted to the Premiership, never taking into account Hearts were a better team coming up winning the Championship with more points against both Rangers and Hibs where as Rangers last season only had Hibs to worry about and yet couldn't better Hearts points tally from the season previous.

The Premiership is starting to shake out as similar to last season and at least the top 3 maybe even the top 4 by November could have a familiar look about it.

1/ Celtic

2/ Aberdeen

3/ Hearts

4/ St. Johnstone

5-12 the rest all closely matched

7 hours ago, CityDave said:

Scottish football needs a strong Dundee Utd back in the top tier challenging for top 4 places place instead of that over rated pish living of another club's name pretending to be Rangers and which right now looks to be heading free fall into the bottom six. Can't see who the fake team have replaced like for like, certainly not Dundee Utd.

If only Dundee Utd were part of this division, it would all be so much better... ??

:blink:

7 hours ago, CityDave said:

I think a lot of people including those at Celtic have overestimated and overreacted to this club being promoted to the Premiership, never taking into account Hearts were a better team coming up winning the Championship with more points against both Rangers and Hibs where as Rangers last season only had Hibs to worry about and yet couldn't better Hearts points tally from the season previous.

Utterly lovely.  No overreaction from you, at all, chap.  Lovely to see you being sane and objective.

My hope for the start of the season of The Rangers only being 7th at the split so that I can laugh at the Sky TV ads promising '4 OF games' and at the Cockwomble welcoming the same back are appearing less and less like a dream and more of a possibility.

the media and pundits in this country have said it's all about celtic and rangers this season why?for me the reason is simple if you have more money to spend on your team when everything else should fall into place,or does it,having a good manager and good players teams can achieve things like we have seen over the last couple of years eg.st johnstone,inverness and hibs winning cups,but can teams do it in the league?consistency is the key dropping points week in week out,last season celtic dropped 28 points and won the league by 15,every team drops points it's just a case of how many,celtic hold the record points tally for a season 103 under martin o'neil and also won the league with 79 points under neil lennon with the lowest points tally,for me any team that can reach this tally can win the league.

the first game between aberdeen and rangers has already got damage limitations to it,both teams have dropped 9 points already this season with both teams having a poor start,how long will it be before celtic will drop 9 points?going with last season celtic dropped 28 points so Aberdeen and rangers have only 19 left for the rest of the season to have a chance of competing with celtic,for me celtic will better last years total of 86 so it's only going to get harder for Aberdeen and rangers to keep up with celtic's consistency,at this early stage of the season a draw in this game is not good for both teams this is a must win game.

Archived