Match Highlights: Auchinleck Talbot 0 - 3 Beith

Killiepiyo

Good highlights KP although I don't like where the camera is positioned if I'm honest - it's a bit too close to the action for me and because of the lack of height you struggle to get a sense of depth.  Is the back of the stand just too restrictive because of the pillars?

Although the first two goals were down to bad defensive errors by 'Bot,Beith executed all three goals very well,tbh.They played in a very similar way against Buffs at Bellsdale,in last year's Scottish semi! They are a well sorted & organized team that don't give you much time on the ball,& if they can stay injury & suspension-free; Beith are serious contenders for the league title this season,imo!

Basics right and kept restarting the drills from the back, well versed and handled the Talbot balls into the box. If they avoid a fixture pile up/injuries will be up there challenging I'm sure, got that 'unit' feel to their play. Anyway I better stop or the tribalists will be on accusing me of supporting Beith. 

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Basics right and kept restarting the drills from the back, well versed and handled the Talbot balls into the box. If they avoid a fixture pile up/injuries will be up there challenging I'm sure, got that 'unit' feel to their play. Anyway I better stop or the tribalists will be on accusing me of supporting Beith. 

You must admit you do have a wee soft spot for us don't you? :) 

Everyone has a wee soft spot for the mighty . 

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

They look the real deal, more so than Talbot on the strength of these 2 games. They play like the Scottish Champions rather than just a side that got lucky last season.

I've no idea what sort of squad depth they have but if they can find consistency in the league they're evidently as good as anyone else home or away and that makes them a viable contender for it although they're proably going to be about half a dozen games behind some teams by New Year at this rate.

Of course it's early and nobody has won or lost anything but if I was betting on the league I'd be asking for a price on Beith at this stage. 

14 minutes ago, Shanner said:

They look the real deal, more so than Talbot on the strength of these 2 games. They play like the Scottish Champions rather than just a side that got lucky last season.

I've no idea what sort of squad depth they have but if they can find consistency in the league they're evidently as good as anyone else home or away and that makes them a viable contender for it although they're proably going to be about half a dozen games behind some teams by New Year at this rate.

Of course it's early and nobody has won or lost anything but if I was betting on the league I'd be asking for a price on Beith at this stage. 

In terms of depth of squad I would say its the strongest in depth I've ever saw at beith .

Yesterday our bench had real match winners in Calum " tiny " watt , Ross " Archie " McPherson , Richie Burke & Thomas Collins . 

Then there are really cracking players  like Tommy Martin , Ian fisher , josh MacArthur , cami Elliot ( dual contract )  & euan Clark ( on loan to neilston and who's excelling ) and our promising backup goalie Calum Mcbain and these are all very good players for me . 

3 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

In terms of depth of squad I would say its the strongest in depth I've ever saw at beith .

Yesterday our bench had real match winners in Calum " tiny " watt , Ross " Archie " McPherson , Richie Burke & Thomas Collins . 

Then there are really cracking players  like Tommy Martin , Ian fisher , josh MacArthur , cami Elliot ( dual contract )  & euan Clark ( on loan to neilston and who's excelling ) and our promising backup goalie Calum Mcbain and these are all very good players for me . 

Sounds promising for you then, You'll be crossing everything in hope of a mild, dry Winter. 

Was gonna say it was a strong bench yesterday, we really need shanks back fit. Wouldn't say a soft spot more respect. Your chairman always took the time to pay compliment about the highlights even back in the early fords tv days and when u effectively give up watching football to film it, compliments go a long way haha. 

I get on great with a number of clubs, made some good friends through filming 

57 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Sounds promising for you then, You'll be crossing everything in hope of a mild, dry Winter. 

I think it's going to be a real tough season and have always said that any team in our league can turn any team over on any given day however I detect a great team spirit about us again this year, and teams going to auchinleck and winning 0-3 is almost unheard of and shows great mental strength more so in particular after the 2-2 draw at bellsdale which felt a bit like a defeat for us.

Was gonna say it was a strong bench yesterday, we really need shanks back fit. Wouldn't say a soft spot more respect. Your chairman always took the time to pay compliment about the highlights even back in the early fords tv days and when u effectively give up watching football to film it, compliments go a long way haha. 

I get on great with a number of clubs, made some good friends through filming 

Is shankland still injured from that time against cumnock? Looks like he got a tight 1 that night

Archived