Motherwell vs Hamilton Academical - 17th September 2016

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought that was going to usurp our 4-0 and 5-0 gubbings of Motherwell and after 20 minutes I'd have gladly taken 4-2 but it really could have been 4-4. We played so much better in the second half and the penalty came against the run of play. Bingham looked decent and hopefully Canning will consider two up front. Well having Moult, Bowman and MacDonald made a big difference while we had wee Brophy with fairly poor support from Longridge and Imrie.

Well done Well. Maybe different next time, if we have some proper full backs. That's a very big "if".

Clay seems to get better everytime I see him play, he bossed the middle of the park in that first half hour. He was everywhere as he broke up countless Accies attacks, was always positive on the ball looking to start attacks and rarely wasted a pass. Just a shame he's always burst after an 70 mins. Also first proper look at big Bowman as well as he didn't have much service last week and I thought he gave a good account of himself today. Set up the 1st and 4th goals and led the line well and allowed McDonald to drop into the spaces where he's much more effective. Another one who faded in the 2nd half though, hopefully their fitness will improve as the season goes on.

That first half hour though was the most enjoyable spell of football at Fir Park for sometime, some of the moves and quick one touch football was simply superb to watch. We tore Accies apart and had them chasing shadows. Just a shame we lost an utterly shite, avoidable goal and let them back into the game. Still, positive signs in these last three games that we're moving in the right direction.

Pish up until we scored and if we didn't have a bomb scare for a defence then it could have been different but we were beat by a team who looked more up for it today and that will always fall down to the manager. 

In the upside Bingham looked decent, if we'd play two up front with him and Brophy (we won't) I think the two of them would do well.

Best part of the match was that Imrie clearance into the crowd that sent grown men into an absolute seething rage.

Think the main issue with that was the fact it was deliberate and broke a chair next to a 4 year old girl...

Think to say Accies weren't up for it is incredibly harsh.  They were overrun for half an hour but once they got into the game I would say for the last 60 minutes they were the better team.  Ali Crawford was immense, running into space, linking play, beautiful finish for goal one, very competent for his second but actually should have had some more and was very unlucky with a free kick.

But Moult was on another level today, every chance he got he gobbled up and the Accies full backs couldn't live with the pace of our full backs.  Which is why we won.

Would have to agree with the previous poster about Imrie launching the ball into the crowd.  It was a reckless, violent, unnecessary and cowardice thing to do and had it someone in the face could very easily have led to a serious injury.   Really let himself down today.

If a certain special accies fan did get punched off a steward it's well deserved for him.

Correct word for him. I saw it, and I'm 99% sure that he did. The steward was getting dragged away by his colleagues. I was gutted you missed it :lol:
Anyways, what a pish opening half hour. Absolutely inexcusable. We couldn't even organise a fucking wall. I've given Canning and the players the benefit of the doubt this season, but that was not on.
Once we put Donati in at CB, we looked so much better (I did say so), and Gillespie made us better in the midfield. We could've got at least another 3 goals today. Brophy was given absolutely nothing until Bingham, who looked good, came on. I still don't understand why we don't have at least one full-back, though - it's madness. Matthews also had a couple of uncharacteristic slip-ups today, but I'm sure he'll recover.
Good to see a bit of #pyro today to rile up the stewards. The Well Bois' chant of "We fucking hate Accies" really contradicts the whole "We don't care about Accies" vibe.
Also, thanks for the suggestion of parking on Adele Street. Close to the ground, lots of spaces and easy to find. It was just a pain getting back onto the main road, but that's because the police decided to park their van in the middle of a lane.

16 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

"134 years, trophy virgins"

Laughed quite a bit, tbh.

Where as the wee boys behind it were just virgins .......

Thought nobody at MFC cares about wee cuddly Accies ?

As for the game Motherwell were unplayable for the first half hour , we looked like rabbits caught in the headlights . 

Canning changed it and on another day we just might have nicked something from the game , but it was too little too late . 

Motherwell's highlights packages are excellent.  Looked a great game.

Two cracking finishes from Crawford, he's always looked decent against us as well.

Does every Motherwell player have their own tune when they score?!

Nice touch by Hammell after the third goal,  high fiving the wee boy with the full strip on.

Really enjoyed the game although we seemed to run out of steam . The wee guys behind the flag trying to be the Chelsea Headhunters made for good entertainment but the older guy who ran down the front ,jesus christ mate, heads gone or whit? It's only a game.:lol:

Archived