Hibs v Ayr

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep chasing that dream. One day it'll come true. Just ask Falkirk fans who are edging closer to getting that elusive 4th stand

I imagine that Falkirk fans wake up thinking that they have a 4th stand, only for the realisation to kick in that that are now awake, and it was but a fuzzy warm dream. A bit like Celtic fans thinking they could get a result at Barca. 5-0 now

Last time I saw Hibs play Ayr was in the cup when they beat us.  I handed over a £20 note and the lassie in the turnstyle gave me £20 in change.  Then a very drunk Irvine Welsh dribbled some urine on my shoe.  Plus I got to shout abuse at Graeme Smith cos he was shite.  Then on the way back on the bus we were stuck in traffic and someone was giving his girlfriend a fingerblasting at the local bus stop, leading to one of my traveling companions to shout out the window that  he should not be doing that to his sister.  The gentleman never responded so I can only conclude it was his sister.

20 hours ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Yet another away fan in this division latching onto the jambos to try to get to Hibs.:lol:

If it helps redress the balance, I got quite emotional when Hibs fans sang Sunshine on Leith after pumping Killie in the 2007 League Cup final and I went off Hearts when Stevo left the first time and it transpired Ryan McGowan was in fact a bit of a walloper.

If you'd told me last year that we'd be getting c.15,000 crowds for a home match against Ayr United in our third season in the Championship I'd have laughed in your face. Goes to show that fans don't turn up just to see Celtic/Rangers or the derby, they want a winning team.

Not fond of Ayr, not fond of Ian McCall, so hope we can put on a show here for what looks like another bumper crowd at Easter Road and win by a decent margin, maybe with a Grant Holt hat-trick of somewhat dubious penalties thrown in just to rile the visiting support.  Hopefully we'll set about them the way Scooby Blue allegedly set about those Ayr fans in hospitality at Stair Park a few years back.*

More seriously this ought to be relatively straightforward for us on paper and do fancy us to keep doing the business and picking up the three points, even if it's only by the odd goal.  Ayr seem to have turned things around a bit but then in their last two they faced St Mirren and Morton, both of whom look utterly rank so not sure how much you can read into their mini-revival.  Then again we played the aforementioned clubs in two of our last three.  I'm actually fairly confident though at the moment this Neil Lennon Hibs side will do the business in games like this...

*I say allegedly as he was exonerated at the Sheriff Court, so his good name remains unsullied. 

Archived