Autographs

locheedfcno1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/10/2016 at 12:46, Dee Man said:

Talking of underwhelming, my first ever autograph was Tiger Tim. He had glossy black and white printed postcard sized pictures of himself stacked up and ready to sign beside his mobile DJ booth to give to all the kids. 

Because everyone adored smiley Tim.

I'd like to correct myself here and say my first ever autograph was actually George McGeachie in the main stand at Dens. He must have been injured or suspended, but I sat awestruck as he sat there resplendent in a massive sheepskin that looked like he'd just skinned a grizzly bear and stuck it on. Some guy.

unnamed (2).jpg

11 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I have both Bradley Wiggins and Chris Hoy's autographs!

Quite a contrast in personalities as well. Hoy was happy to sign an autograph and even had a chat with me about where I was from, where as Wiggins didn't say a word and seemed very hostile.

Maybe he was having an asthma attack? 

Grimbo 

When Du Wei signed for Celtic, one of his first appearances was for the reserves against Aberdeen at Links Park in Montrose. His translator ended up sitting next to us in the stands, and I gave her my top to get him to sign it. It came back with 3 autographs. Du Wei, Danny McGrain and Rocco Quinn.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a signed Brazil shirt cheap from when they played ROI at Landsdowne Rd a few years back.  Ronald, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Boaby Carlos were signing individual shirts for auction but the rest of the squad did some.  Got Cafu on it and Kaka was only a youngster so was included on the squad shirt.  Also some absolute diddies like Dida, Roque Junior and Julio Baptiste.

Got a signed photo of Vince McMahon from a Wrestlemania fans access event back when I loved wrestling.  Boys a legend.

That's sacrilege! Dida was a king amongst men.

Archived