Autographs

locheedfcno1

Got Sir Alex Fergusons and Carlos Quieroz' from when we played Man Utd in a glamour friendly at Broadwood. I was the very first in a group of folk to get Fergusons and he used my pen to sign everyone else's book/shirt. Was standing waiting on my pen back for about 15 mins. :lol:

And got a signed Clyde shirt from the squad that beat Celtic that was won by a family member in a raffle. 

Used to love standing at the tunnel with my autograph book as the players were coming in from the warm up when I was a young boy so would've had tonnes of autographs from back then. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lothar Matthaes. Germany were training at Boghead early 90s if I remember. That German team was full of big names Oliver Kahn and Klinnsman etc I just wanted an autograph and Lothar came over, chatted for a few minutes and signed a Dumbarton programme I had with me. He was a gent.

Got Peles signature on a Brazil shirt about 10 years ago. Got a signed shirt from the CIS Cup final 2002 which I had framed, then the big nosed, tired and emotional manager at the time Daziel said on off the ball a few years later that he used to sign all the players names on shirts for a laugh. 

Got a few signed tour posters for comedians and loads of signed books, Sean Connery, Buzz Aldrin, Burt Reynolds, Mikhail Gorbachev, Dundee Barry.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a potential autograph but was maybe overwhelmed/underwhelmed/somehow prevented from getting one?

I saw Dougie Vipond (having a cuppa at a farm shop in Fife) and the guy that played Alec Gilroy in Coronation St (in the queue for the wooden rollercoaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach)...both underwhelming, but once you have Su Pollard's autograph (a personal appearance at Lightwater Valley theme park circa 1986) then everything else is an afterthought.

definitely underwhelmed:

saw Colin and Justin at the Tall Ships at Greenock a few years ago. I didn't know who the f*ck they were until some lassie said "OMG It's Colin and Justin!!". I'm still not sure who they are tbf.. 

I didn't get Tim Vine's autograph but I did get my photograph taken with him a good few festivals (Edinburgh Fringe) ago but although I enjoy eggheads tv quiz I could quite happily flounce past Jeremy (Tim's bro) without a care for autigraph or photograph. 

Grimbo

26 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

If any 80's autograph could top Su Pollard's, I can only imagine it would've been Shakin' Stevens.

I believe I may have had his autograph at one point.

Flying down to London in the early 90s, he was sat in the seat behind.

Of course, just being a bairn with no concept of who/what Shakin' Stevens was, I jumped up and turned round expecting to see some guy shaking about..

Of course, just being a bairn with no concept of who/what Shakin' Stevens was, I jumped up and turned round expecting to see some guy shaking about..

I can only admire your youthful nonchalance! I was once on a plane next to Dave Davies (the Kinks guitarist not the Tory MP)....should have asked for his autograph, he seemed like a cool dude, but after Su Pollard (personal appearance at Lightwater Valley theme park circa 1986)?

Nah.

Talking of underwhelming, my first ever autograph was Tiger Tim. He had glossy black and white printed postcard sized pictures of himself stacked up and ready to sign beside his mobile DJ booth to give to all the kids. 

Because everyone adored smiley Tim.

4 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Of course, just being a bairn with no concept of who/what Shakin' Stevens was, I jumped up and turned round 

Did you pick a bale of cotton ?

Archived