Arbroath vs Cowdenbeath

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf it was only for about 10 minutes at half time, cringeworthy

Strangely enough I walked through the Arbroath fans at half time and was thinking the same about them.

Re the game, spoiled by the wind. Both keepers did well, apart from the Arbroath keepers distribution which was terrible, he had a really good save at the end though.

Always concerned when playing against Linn, still a good player but not one of his best games. McCord too has gone backwards since leaving Alloa, he doesn't look fit and needs to lose some weight. As for Doris, that's incredible the size he is.

Acceptable result, both teams had chances could have gone either way.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Strangely enough I walked through the Cowdenbeath fans at half time and was thinking the same about them.

Re the game, spoiled by the wind. Both keepers did well, apart from the Arbroath keepers distribution which was terrible, he had a really good save at the end though.

Always concerned when playing against Linn, still a good player but not one of his best games. McCord too has gone backwards since leaving Alloa, he doesn't look fit and needs to lose some weight. As for Doris, that's incredible the size he is.

Strangely enough I walked through the Arbroath fans at half time and was thinking the same about them.

What were the Arbroath fans doing like?

3 polis officers and 4 stewards around them after what happened the last time, what were they trying to achieve by staying there? Behaviour seemed like you were wanting a re run. Atleast you's never decked the OAP steward this time

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

3 polis officers and 4 stewards around them after what happened the last time, what were they trying to achieve by staying there? Behaviour seemed like you were wanting a re run. Atleast you's never decked the OAP steward this time

Weren't anything, just threatening to, again it was only about five or six. I never stand behind the behind the goals anyway so I don't know why anyone does it.

I got "frisked" by a steward going into the ground. "Bit heavy this, never happened in lg1 or the championship"  he replied that they were expecting trouble? Does this only happen when playing Cowden?

Weren't anything, just threatening to, again it was only about five or six. I never stand behind the behind the goals anyway so I don't know why anyone does it.

I got "frisked" by a steward going into the ground. "Bit heavy this, never happened in lg1 or the championship"  he replied that they were expecting trouble? Does this only happen when playing Cowden?

After the Mo fans had pyro think they get it, like I said because of what happened last time you'll be getting treated slightly differently now, nothing today obviously but what would it have been like if a goal went in..

A steward took a plastic bottle off an old women who had it in her jacket, sitting with her grandchild who can't have been older than 10 just infront of me, for the players safety...

Understand they have rules to abide to but is it really so hard to turn a blind eye to things like that

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's the responsibility of Arbroath FC to impose any segregation of supporters upon entrance to the stadium if it's deemed necessary. Otherwise you may stand where you like so shut up ya greetin bairn.

Last time? There was no trouble at cup game

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The last time?  You mean the league cup game?  Never saw any trouble there.

if I could have been arsed to go today I'd have leathered the old c**t.

3 times after today I make it?

Scottish cup was the same as today, fans stayed at our end, nothing silly that day though, the game was over when we moved around, and there was nobody at the LC game.

Regardless of that the 2012 incident will be remembered and you'll be treated differently, no other fans have had polis/stewards around them like you had today.

Got quiet pretty quickly to be fair but if you had scored I'm not too sure you would've stayed as well behaved.

If you started moving around to the other end it would all quickly be forgotten about I'm guessing

1320 are you being serious suker couldnt cross the road never mind the ball today. again a defensive swap shop today only player playing in his correct position was little.

Sukur was good, the whole back 4 was good, speaks volumes that people are now moaning about the guys distribution when they're looking good defensively

We created plenty of chances and restricted them to a few, can't help but feel if we had won nobody would be saying anything

Same back 4 next week please

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

3 times after today I make it?

Scottish cup was the same as today, fans stayed at our end, nothing silly that day though, the game was over when we moved around, and there was nobody at the LC game.

Regardless of that the 2012 incident will be remembered and you'll be treated differently, no other fans have had polis/stewards around them like you had today.

Got quiet pretty quickly to be fair but if you had scored I'm not too sure you would've stayed as well behaved.

If you started moving around to the other end it would all quickly be forgotten about I'm guessing

No other ground has fans that decide they have the right to move people from where they have been standing to watch the game.

your lot react to goading the same way rangers fans do....like seething messes.

27 minutes ago, big al said:

It's the responsibility of Arbroath FC to impose any segregation of supporters upon entrance to the stadium if it's deemed necessary. Otherwise you may stand where you like so shut up ya greetin bairn.

So you would rather have segregation than have some self policing of your supporters.Cowdenbeath supporters are the only supporters in the league that feel the need to be next to the Arbroath support and watch a game from their defensive end bit weird that,they were looking for bother you can dress it up whatever way you want the only reason there wasn't was because nobody scored and the Arbroath support pretty much just ignored them which wasn't in their script and had a good laugh at their patheticness,good word that.

No other ground has fans that decide they have the right to move people from where they have been standing to watch the game.

your lot react to goading the same way rangers fans do....like seething messes.

So it's just you being stubborn?

And they don't, nobody tried to move you today did they? You were only asked to move once (nobody else has ever been asked to move either which says a lot) due to things potentially kicking off, the day it did kick off, no Arbroath fan reacted to anything that day either until you decked an OAP steward when he wasn't looking

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So it's just you being stubborn?

And they don't, nobody tried to move you today did they? You were only asked to move once due to things potentially kicking off, the day it did kick off, no Arbroath fan reacted to anything that day either until you decked an OAP steward when he wasn't looking

That's exactly what happened.

Archived