Arbroath vs Cowdenbeath

you keep saying 1320 same back four. please enlighten me and the other lichtie fans on your rational on that statement

Today was the best we've looked by far defensively all season IMO, pacey back 4 with height and experience at centre half, which is what everybody was crying out for just before today

I'm struggling to see why you've got such a problem with the way the defence played today. You're picking up on the smallest things, Sukur and Brown both looked very comfortable. Yes they fucked up a few passes but what player on the park didn't? I was extremely skeptical over Sukur being there before the game, well because of Clyde, but he done well. As did Brown, Callaghan and him done well against their tricky winger.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Many supporters (both home and away) respect and enjoy the tradition of changing ends at half time.

I've watched football at most grounds in Scotland and many more in other countries and I can safely say you're talking out of your arse. :lol:

Think i've seen one other set of fans do it.  Can't remember who it was but i did think they were as wierd as arbroath at the time.

Many supporters (both home and away) respect and enjoy the tradition of changing ends at half time. Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer grounds where you can do it nowadays. 

Only one set of away supporters that visit Gayfield seem to feel the need to stand at the same end both halves in unsegregated games, even though they are free to walk round and get a better view of any goals their team score. 

It's especially odd, considering that the view from either end of their shithole of a ground is terrible, and everyone watches from the side.

Maybe there's another agenda at play here?

Imagine having the cheek to continue standing in the same spot from the start of the game to the end of a game. How odd. I'm sitting on my arse in my house watching some boxing - if the mrs even dares to try and move me from my own fart filled space she'll be getting telt. That's pretty much what happened THAT day.

Nothing happened today. It would appear some of you smokie twats are gutted about that.

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I'm sitting on my arse in my house watching some boxing - if the mrs even dares to try and move me from my own fart filled space she'll be getting telt. That's pretty much what happened THAT day.

Great analogy mate, that's literally exactly what happened.

6 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

I've watched football at most grounds in Scotland and many more in other countries and I can safely say you're talking out of your arse. :lol:

Think i've seen one other set of fans do it.  Can't remember who it was but i did think they were as wierd as arbroath at the time.

Pretty much every set of fans do it at Station Park. Why would you not want to stand behind the goal you're attacking?

Not that I stand behind the goal at a match but a few folk have a point about segregation, if the police think there is going to be trouble they should segregate the crowd. The gates are there to do it so it wouldn't be much of a deal.

If you go into a ground for a match which isn't deemed segregated you should be able to stand or sit where you want. 

Not that I stand behind the goal at a match but a few folk have a point about segregation, if the police think there is going to be trouble they should segregate the crowd. The gates are there to do it so it wouldn't be much of a deal.

If you go into a ground for a match which isn't deemed segregated you should be able to stand or sit where you want. 

This. I don't understand the issue here

2 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

This. I don't understand the issue here

Neither do if your club dosn't segregate the crowd I don't think you can complain about folk standing where they want. I personally wouldn't want to stand with a group of away fans behind the goal but everyone to their own.

21 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

Some reading for you

It was pretty common before all-seaters. 

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Neither do if your club dosn't segregate the crowd I don't think you can complain about folk standing where they want. I personally wouldn't want to stand with a group of away fans behind the goal but everyone to their own.

See the thing is chief, we are not as narrow minded as you, there should be no issue with both sets of supporters standing together

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

See the thing is chief, we are not as narrow minded as you, there should be no issue with both sets of supporters standing together

Its your fellow Arbroath fans on here who are taking the hump about Cowden fans staying at that end. I'm not narrow minded just wouldn't want to stand in a section where trouble could kick off and as I previously said I don't stand behind the goal at games.

Stirling Albion done it years ago b4 they moved 2 new ground

Archived