Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

You have to ask Mr Regan to lead the way.  He is meant to be an advocate of the pyramid so it would be fantastic if he actually set to work on it.  If the SFA truly want an all singing all dancing pyramid they will find a way

Saying that I am still waiting on a response to the letter that was passed to him two months ago regarding clarification on certain things regarding EOS/LL etc

Maybe that requires a delegation of interested Junior clubs to speak to him, bypassing the SJFA, to lay cards on the table from both sides.

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

because they haven't doesn't mean they won't. 

It seems unlikely that they'll still be Junior in 5 years. 

the difference between kelty and linlithgow is.kelty didnt need to have a vote by all members.(i could be wrong) but never seen it mentioned.

Just now, Sunrise said:

Easier for Kelty tae move tae the EOS than it would be for a West side tae make the jump tbf - location and resources for a start.

I mentioned that on another thread earlier. It would be a good time for west teams to start giving proper and serious thought to how they're going to tackle this problem. 

Lobbying as hard as they can for a fair regionalisation system would be a good start. 

But even if the travel wasn't an issue, how can teams who complicity plod away year on year with the deep rooted problems Junior football has with fixtures, etc say that being a Junior club is a sign of either ambition or professionalism with a straight face? 

Just now, lithgierose said:

the difference between kelty and linlithgow is.kelty didnt need to have a vote by all members.(i could be wrong) but never seen it mentioned.

Have to admit I haven't followed the politics of this in the east but have Linlithgow had such a vote (or is there one planned)?

We made our intentions perfectly clear.

Which were?  I don't think the SFA or Regan are going to really sit up and take notice unless they see a groundswell of support from Junior clubs. Remember, they've listened to Tom Johnston bleat on for years that Junior clubs are not interested.  Need to get smart to change that.

Just now, Shanner said:

Have to admit I haven't followed the politics of this in the east but have Linlithgow had such a vote (or is there one planned)?

not that i know off.but listening to members that i know.it wont be happening any time soon.

That we are interested in becoming licensed and joining the pyramid.

Nothing has changed since I issued the statement in April, other then we are doing a little bit of work on improvements.

The following is a club statement following the media coverage over the last few days regarding Bo’ness United potentially leaving Junior football.

As a club we are always looking to improve both on and off the park.  We feel that we should be aiming to get our club licensed therefore improving the facilities for our supporters and enhancing our standing as a club within Scottish football.  We are constantly looking at ways to develop the football club and move forward.  This involves considering the pyramid, licensing, and potentially moving leagues.  

We believe that there will be considerable change within Scottish football in the coming seasons and we want to be ready for any change and don't want to be left behind. 

At Bo’ness United we want to progress and it would be remiss of us not to look at ways to develop the football club and as such we are working towards being ready with our license application. In order to receive your license it is now a stipulation that you must commit to the pyramid.

We have looked at the potential benefits of joining the pyramid and believe that in order to compete in the future this is something we must look to do.  The financial benefits of becoming licensed far outweigh the revenues that can be made if we stay within Junior Football as it is at the present time.

The club firmly believe that there should be no ceiling and that all teams should find the level that suits them in congruence with their own abilities, whether that be League Two, the Lowland League or wherever.  Irrespective we believe a full pyramid should be in place.

Bo’ness United want to be part of the pyramid, Scottish football is evolving and we truly believe that there will be significant changes.  We want to be at the forefront of change whether that be playing in the East of Scotland League, The Lowland League or with the Juniors if they become part of a revised pyramid that encompasses all clubs.  

There are big decisions to be made for us as a club, and any decisions about moving will be voted on accordingly.  We will assess as a club what opportunities are available which will benefit both the club and the community. We will update supporters when information is available.

If any supporters would like to discuss this I will be happy to make myself available.

Derek Crossan

Vice Chairman/Assistant Secretary

bonessunited@hotmail.com

From experience, you're going to get little or no help from the SFA until such times as you cough up the £2k membership fee.

They are not interested in going out and promoting their Licencing scheme and it's benefits to Junior clubs, make of that what you will.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

We know what is required criteria wise are working towards it and have the money for when we feel we are ready.  

In the meantime will you be raising Pyramid issues with the SJFA/East Region to encourage an open debate amongst clubs?

11 hours ago, lithgierose said:

I don't think Kelty have anything to lose by moving. Linlithgow, Bo'ness and even more so the bigger West region clubs would be gambling that progress through the pyramid would make up for the revenue lost from not playing traditional rivals, more travel etc.

There needs to be proper reorganisation to accommodate a West feeder and block transfer of clubs.

23 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Jumping from a small pond to a smaller pond - which only gets bigger if they reach the SFL.

For me this is about Chasing money and vanity. I don't buy this smoke and mirrors statement that it's about the football.

Scottish football is a shambles with to many teams at a level above their realistic level. The SFL has 39 teams out of 40 struggling to keep up.

Please explain why your Club - sorry Linlithgow Rose - chose to go down the route of getting a license? As I can gather from some posts on here it would take a positive vote from supporters to move to the pyramid. Your club are only interested in the money you can gain from the the "Big Scottish" so IMHO your club are riding two horses with one arse.

In these words you advocating a Pyramid and clubs will find their correct level/s. England's model has flaws like every system but it is progress whereas we are in the dark ages.

12 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

In the meantime will you be raising Pyramid issues with the SJFA/East Region to encourage an open debate amongst clubs?

Burnie_man get yourself into the SJFA office and get your pointy stick into the Dinosaurs in charge of our game. With a wee bit of luck this could make them sit up and take notice. It might take a few more to do so - including my own - but for the good of the game it has to move on.  

15 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Please explain why your Club - sorry Linlithgow Rose - chose to go down the route of getting a license? As I can gather from some posts on here it would take a positive vote from supporters to move to the pyramid. Your club are only interested in the money you can gain from the the "Big Scottish" so IMHO your club are riding two horses with one arse.

In these words you advocating a Pyramid and clubs will find their correct level/s. England's model has flaws like every system but it is progress whereas we are in the dark ages.

Two horses with one arse! Brilliant.

The SJFA are not interested in giving up their empire.  A full pyramid system would put them out of business.  Kelty are not a big enough club to sustain a permanent or even regular place in the SFL.  They will their future in the Lowland League.  If enough of the bigger junior clubs join them that in itself would make it viable.  Linlithgow obtained their license for the purpose of entering the senior Scottish Cup each season, a policy which has proved to be financially worthwhile and has allowed the team and fans to enjoy fixtures against senior clubs.  The downside is the postponement of several league games to make way for these additional fixtures which jeopardises the chances of winning the league.  This of course be avoided if either email had a proper fixture list or we insisted on super league clubs installing floodlights to allow midweek matches.  No doubt such ideas will have some clubs horrified.  However as has been pointed out the English pyramid system insists on ground improvements before progression up the divisions.  In my view the junior leagues can be preserved and incorporated into the pyramid system.  Clubs winning their leagues are not forced to go into a higher level.  They will find their own level.

The SJFA are not interested in giving up their empire.  A full pyramid system would put them out of business.  Kelty are not a big enough club to sustain a permanent or even regular place in the SFL. They will their future in the Lowland League.  If enough of the bigger junior clubs join them that in itself would make it viable.  Linlithgow obtained their license for the purpose of entering the senior Scottish Cup each season, a policy which has proved to be financially worthwhile and has allowed the team and fans to enjoy fixtures against senior clubs.  The downside is the postponement of several league games to make way for these additional fixtures which jeopardises the chances of winning the league.  This of course be avoided if either email had a proper fixture list or we insisted on super league clubs installing floodlights to allow midweek matches.  No doubt such ideas will have some clubs horrified.  However as has been pointed out the English pyramid system insists on ground improvements before progression up the divisions.  In my view the junior leagues can be preserved and incorporated into the pyramid system.  Clubs winning their leagues are not forced to go into a higher level.  They will find their own level.

Pretty much agree with all of that with the exception of the bit I've made bold. Whether Kelty are a big enough club to sustain a place in the SPFL remains to be proven. In terms of current fan base your post is probably spot-on, but if they're lucky enough to be successful, then it may attract new fans/a bigger fan base and support them at whatever level they find.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Pretty much agree with all of that with the exception of the bit I've made bold. Whether Kelty are a big enough club to sustain a place in the SPFL remains to be proven. In terms of current fan base your post is probably spot-on, but if they're lucky enough to be successful, then it may attract new fans/a bigger fan base and support them at whatever level they find.

Kelty has roughly the same population as Dingwall. They can be as big as their sponsors want them to be if their pockets are deep enough. In football, any club can climb the ranks quickly with the right funding. Gretna made it to a Scottish Cup final. 

Kelty are surrounded by a number of towns with clubs of their own so it's less likely they'll ever attract a following from beyond their community. 

Gretna and Ross County are prime examples of how differently things can turn out when reliant on a single source for the bulk of their funding. 

From what I've seen on recent visits, Kelty are getting the balance right. The improvements to the ground have been significant at the same time as the improvements to the playing squad. Keep the balance right and steady and they have the potential to go a distance - same as any other club in their position. 

Beyond all that, Tom Courts has done a great job bringing it all together on the pitch. 

Kelty has roughly the same population as Dingwall. They can be as big as their sponsors want them to be if their pockets are deep enough. In football, any club can climb the ranks quickly with the right funding. Gretna made it to a Scottish Cup final. 
Kelty are surrounded by a number of towns with clubs of their own so it's less likely they'll ever attract a following from beyond their community. 
Gretna and Ross County are prime examples of how differently things can turn out when reliant on a single source for the bulk of their funding. 
From what I've seen on recent visits, Kelty are getting the balance right. The improvements to the ground have been significant at the same time as the improvements to the playing squad. Keep the balance right and steady and they have the potential to go a distance - same as any other club in their position. 
Beyond all that, Tom Courts has done a great job bringing it all together on the pitch. 

Exactly this ^^^

i think Kelty figure they will win the eos league and lowland league's easy as there bum league's . then get into the spl and then the bus will crash full stop ! you see its harder to win the junior cup than to win a bum league ! the moon has a better atmosphere than a lowland league match lol

I keep seeing ross county being touted but they are in a very different position geographically.

Any of the junior clubs are in competition with the existing senior clubs - livingston are a better example of how tough it can be to compete with existing loyalties.

Does fife really need another east fife or Cowdenbeath? I don't see it myself and I think the east super league and the junior cup is better for kelty.

But, as I've already said, good luck to kelty they clearly have plans and ambitions and I'll watch how it develops with interest.

49 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I keep seeing ross county being touted but they are in a very different position geographically.

Any of the junior clubs are in competition with the existing senior clubs - livingston are a better example of how tough it can be to compete with existing loyalties.

Does fife really need another east fife or Cowdenbeath? I don't see it myself and I think the east super league and the junior cup is better for kelty.

But, as I've already said, good luck to kelty they clearly have plans and ambitions and I'll watch how it develops with interest.

They choose Ross County, because Elgin doesn't suit their argument,

Archived