Rangers vs Glasgow's Finest 1 October Ibrox Park

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Just out of interest, why is this deemed a "difficult game" when rangers have massively superior resources? 

Because we dominate games but don't convert chances whilst leaving gaps at the back.

We'll still finish 2nd but it's going to be 25-30 points adrift of 1st place. That for me would be a poor season. It's "progress" for some but I don't think there's ever a rational excuse for dropping points to teams with vastly less salary budgets on a regular basis.

16 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I don't think there's ever a rational excuse for dropping points to teams with vastly less salary budgets on a regular basis.

:lol:

Maybe the other manager and team were better on the day perhaps?

56 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Because we dominate games but don't convert chances whilst leaving gaps at the back.

We'll still finish 2nd but it's going to be 25-30 points adrift of 1st place. That for me would be a poor season. It's "progress" for some but I don't think there's ever a rational excuse for dropping points to teams with vastly less salary budgets on a regular basis.

That's an awfully bold claim, no?

Inclined to think that 3rd is far more likely, with either Hearts or Aberdeen getting 2nd place, whatever the result on Saturday.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

It's "progress" for some but I don't think there's ever a rational excuse for dropping points to teams with vastly less salary budgets on a regular basis.

That's fair comment as far as I'm concerned.

Even in the bottom tier, Rangers dropped points in almost a third of their matches.

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

That's an awfully bold claim, no?

It shouldn't be a bold claim.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's fair comment as far as I'm concerned.

Even in the bottom tier, Rangers dropped points in almost a third of their matches.

I'm always fair. :)

Not sure they did drop points in a third of their games but it's irrelevant now that we've reached our goal of competing in the Premiership. 

9 minutes ago, thepundit said:

It shouldn't be a bold claim.

I'm always fair. :)

Not sure they did drop points in a third of their games but it's irrelevant now that we've reached our goal of competing in the Premiership. 

I said almost a third and I think I'm right.  If memory serves, they failed to win eleven games of thirty six.  They didn't win away from home until about October and it took them that long to hit the top of the League.

Anyway, I thought the goal was winning the top flight, rather than merely reaching it?

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I said almost a third and I think I'm right.  If memory serves, they failed to win eleven games of thirty six.  They didn't win away from home until about October and it took them that long to hit the top of the League.

Anyway, I thought the goal was winning the top flight, rather than merely reaching it?

The first league away win was on August 16th against Alloa and Rangers won their first eleven games. They were top of the league right from the start so you're unfortunately incorrect.

Regardless, we won the league and that was all that mattered. Now we're floundering in the Premiership and that's unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

The first league away win was on August 16th against Alloa and Rangers won their first eleven games. They were top of the league right from the start so you're unfortunately incorrect.

Regardless, we won the league and that was all that mattered. Now we're floundering in the Premiership and that's unacceptable.

It's hilarious :lol:

7 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I'm glad you can laugh when, even with Rangers' help, your team is heading for League One.

I'm inclined to think that the The Rangers first team is shite and struggling in the Premiership, you appear to be lording it up that the The Rangers youth sent out on loan is helping St Mirren to relegation?

Which part of The Rangers players are shite wearing Blue or Black & White stripes do you find the funniest? Laughing at your shitty youth players is taking it to a new low even for you.

7 hours ago, thepundit said:

What on earth are you on about?

I'm referring to their season in the bottom tier.  That's why I referred to the "bottom tier" - I'm sorry if this is confusing.

That means I'm referring to season 2012/13.  That started (and continued) rather differently to the one you outline above.

Read it back, then set the record straight when you get a minute.

Archived