Ayr v Dunfermline (£5 a head Donald Cameron memorial match)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will take the first clean sheet of the season always a bit tricky down at Ayr, didn't go due to work but I wonder if this fixture repeating over and over in recent years put some folk off maybe the memorial game  and £5 entry would have been better for Morton, St Mirren or QOS. Fair play to Ayr trying to get more home fans through the gate hopefully you see another 2500ish home fans at your next game instead of what I imagine is loads of guys getting busses and trains from Ayr to watch the bigot brothers :( 

Thought Paton after having one of his best games last week, had a stinker today. Time to bring in Higginbotham next week. Glad Farid_el_alagui (wow autotext!) Seemed okay after a worrying few minutes. Keeper made a couple of excellent saves today, and rare thing so far this season, a clean sheet. Any news on Herron and Clark injuries? Didn't think it was as bad a game as some are saying. Ayr fans I heard leaving were telling each other how much they enjoyed the game (I wouldn't go that far). Happy with our first point on the road.

Not a great game, the shots on goal were probably in single figures, head tennis for about 60% of the match.

It was obvious we weren't going to score anything with the formation we were playing, Harkins looked like he couldn't be arsed which left Forrest on his own until he was subbed for Nesbit who struggled with the same scenario. I understand setting up to not get beat but the game was there for the taking today and I don't think either team looked all that interested. 

We would be as well terminating Thomas and Nesbits loan deals and having two youth players on the bench we have no intention of playing.

10 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Thought Paton after having one of his best games last week, had a stinker today. Time to bring in Higginbotham next week. Glad Farid_el_alagui (wow autotext!) Seemed okay after a worrying few minutes. Keeper made a couple of excellent saves today, and rare thing so far this season, a clean sheet. Any news on Herron and Clark injuries? Didn't think it was as bad a game as some are saying. Ayr fans I heard leaving were telling each other how much they enjoyed the game (I wouldn't go that far). Happy with our first point on the road.

Herron got a sore one on the ankle from a Harkins kick/accident and Clark was a bit dodgy before the game with a tight groin so taken off as a precaution. Probably why he went off frustrated up the tunnel.

Would like to see us play HB next week against Queens Park and give Ben a run out, maybe Hopkirk and Moffat.

Good options now but hoping Herron is ok for Falkirk.

will take the first clean sheet of the season always a bit tricky down at Ayr, didn't go due to work but I wonder if this fixture repeating over and over in recent years put some folk off maybe the memorial game  and £5 entry would have been better for Morton, St Mirren or QOS. Fair play to Ayr trying to get more home fans through the gate hopefully you see another 2500ish home fans at your next game instead of what I imagine is loads of guys getting busses and trains from Ayr to watch the bigot brothers [emoji20] 

They didn't come close to having 2500 home fans today so that's doubtful.

People can't really complain about not going to games due to prices when you have examples of today, it could've been free and it still wouldn't have broke 3000.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They didn't come close to having 2500 home fans today so that's doubtful.

People can't really complain about not going to games due to prices when you have examples of today, it could've been free and it still wouldn't have broke 3000.

2300 odd is closer than they got before I suspect 

Ian McCall is hugely frustrating. Playing Harkins on the wing and Forrest up front is pointless. Dunfermline's defence were there for the taking with a bit of pressure and we werent capable. Sending Nisbet out to be the only player in the opposition half is equally pointless.

Playing for 0-0 and seeing what you can get isn't going to cut it for me.

Hopefully this experiment is reaching tge end and the team that played well at Falkirk plays.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Can't really see much on the highlights with regards to the dissalowed goal. There ref must've seen a push.

Didn't show our best chance of the game with Reilly.

It was a push, quite surprised as pushing has been virtually ignored by refs at games I've watched.

Surely there is a spot in there somewhere for Higginbotham? 

There might have been if we didn't have to make 2 forced subs in the first 40 minutes.

Agreed. I was horrified at surviving inevitable relegation in his first season. Outraged when promoted in his second. Dismayed when we beat Hibs away in his third.

All three of these had hugely frustrating times. You have made a wee effort to be snide and fucked it.

What frustrates me about McCall is that he is a good manager but seems to have to tear up his plans 20/30 minutes into almost every game. It is good that he recognises when it is not working (unlike most we have had) but it is frustrating that he keeps getting it wrong (and going back to it time and time again).

Sarcastic. Yes. Snide. No.

McCall can do what he likes as long as he keeps us up. The time for judgement will therefore be the end of the season. We're essentially part time in a full time league, with a far inferior budget. We've struggled to attract a better calibre of player in several key areas but it won't be for the lack of trying.

Moore's injury has had huge implications in the set up of the side, no one saw that coming.

Like anyone else, McCall gets it wrong some of the time but IMO he's learning week upon week. He's now got a settled back four and he's making us more compact and difficult to break down, in complete contrast to the start of the season.

I, like you, have questioned his team selections on occasions, most notably Hibs away but with respect, you & I know the square root of f**k all about football and who is or isn't showing up well in training.

He's paid to do a job, I think he's earned the right to drop the odd bollock but crucially for me he gets far more decisions right than wrong. Am I frustrated? No, just enjoying the ride.

I think the frustration comes us matching teams all over the park in recent weeks but not having any direct attacking players in the team, So when the team lines are announced you know we are going to have limited attempts on goal, mostly set-plays and counter attacks. when a game is in the balance like it was yesterday there was no attempt to change things to win the game, only play different players the same way to see if they could do better. Its not even as if we are playing in a negative way, we are set up to support a lone forward but just don't play one.

At the end of the season, if we are anywhere from 8th up then the season will have been a massive success, despite not playing a recognized forward. It just may be a difficult watch occasionally 

Archived