Ayr v Dunfermline (£5 a head Donald Cameron memorial match)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an easier away day?

It's a bit of a cliche, aye, but I'm never confident of us going to Somerset. Regardless of how shite Ayr are at the time.

Think a point was fair, no one really played great football, too many long balls with no one to hold it up or flick on to.

Thought Robbie Crawford and Jamie Adams had decent games and Forrest was cracking in the first half.

Feel quite good about our chances this season of a 7th or 8th placed finish.

31 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Guy at the seggie fence second half - oh dear

Ha we saw him. He just got chucked back in in to the away crowd. He looked to be starting on a load of kids. Was pretty funny (we weren't laughing with him)

Who do I contact to get my fiver back.

One of those days that make you wonder why you bother going to the football. A good day out spoiled only by the football. Absolutely dire game, with two teams of jobbers punting long balls back and forth to each other for 90 minutes. Would be absolutely stunned if either of us were anywhere near the top four based on today's performance.

Few plus points but good to finally get a clean sheet. Defence looked relatively solid with only a couple of iffy moments. Ashcroft would have been my MOTM.

I think the Ryder Cup being on would have kept a few away to be honest. Those "will I bother" folk.

Both teams need a bit of firepower or else we'll be gash to watch most days.

Nice that we had a target man up front today. A Hateley, Shearer type.

6272efbde884105d6bcdfcea2533f9ed.jpg

Not that he did anything wrong, mind you.

A really poor game I thought, with Ayr having more of the ball but Dunfermline probably having the two best chances through Reilly and Farid. Too many balls over the top from us which Reilly did really well to get to but then nobody was up supporting. Don't know if Clark coming off means that he wasn't getting up to help due to a niggle or something. Geggan had a poor game and has been doing so for quite some time now. Cardle also was lucky we had made those subs or I would have had McMullan on in his place. Ashcroft dealt with the little that Ayr offered up top and was my man of the match. Onwards and upwards with the Challenge Cup next week then Falkirk in the derby the week after.

Archived