Ayr v Dunfermline (£5 a head Donald Cameron memorial match)

4 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Sarcastic. Yes. Snide. No.

McCall can do what he likes as long as he keeps us up. The time for judgement will therefore be the end of the season. We're essentially part time in a full time league, with a far inferior budget. We've struggled to attract a better calibre of player in several key areas but it won't be for the lack of trying.

Moore's injury has had huge implications in the set up of the side, no one saw that coming.

Like anyone else, McCall gets it wrong some of the time but IMO he's learning week upon week. He's now got a settled back four and he's making us more compact and difficult to break down, in complete contrast to the start of the season.

I, like you, have questioned his team selections on occasions, most notably Hibs away but with respect, you & I know the square root of f**k all about football and who is or isn't showing up well in training.

He's paid to do a job, I think he's earned the right to drop the odd bollock but crucially for me he gets far more decisions right than wrong. Am I frustrated? No, just enjoying the ride.

I think he's in with a good shout of keeping us up. The problem is that if we get narrowly relegated then i don't see it being viewed as a unlucky effort and more likely the schoolboy errors which ultimately cost us. Why can't we just be like any normal team and find a winger or a striker. These simple things would massively boost our chances and avoid an end of season dogfight. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He picked up a serious head injury against St. Mirren early in July.

So thats absolutely right...nobody saw it coming.

It could have happened to any player and nothing to do with his injury record.

Let's hope the boy makes a full recovery.

He has been badly missed.

What's with people getting offended whenever anyone dares to criticise Ian McCall? Yes he has and still is doing a great job however there is times when his team selection raises questions, the vast majority of fans can see that Forrest up front on his own doesn't work. Nisbet done nothing wrong against Falkirk last week and was harshly dropped. 

I think it could have been widely anticipated that he'd miss games due to injury.

I dont see how anybody could anticipate that any player would pick up a head injury that would him out of the game for 3 months as it stands at the moment.

I dont see how anybody could anticipate that any player would pick up a head injury that would him out of the game for 3 months as it stands at the moment.

Due to him having a shocking injury record? The specifics of the injury don't really matter, I suspect most fans should have anticipated he would miss games though.

Likewise us with Farid.

Grudgingly agreeing with Grant here. Injury prone players find all sorts of ways to miss matches so we should not be surprised that Moore has missed games.

Yes, the concussion is unusual but no, Moore missing game time is not surprising.

I think the fact that we continue to make the exact same tactical mistake is the problem. Yes we are currently punching above our weight in this league but Saturday was a chance to pick up 3 points and by repeating the Forrest mistake, we haven't.

I personally find it pretty odd that McCall continues making the same mistake. Generally speaking, we start with no proper striker, do nothing, change it and we play better. We then revert back to Forrest up front himself. 

It also seems like we need to get far more out of Harkins....

Did anyone else catch the utter fandan in the Pars support trying to start on a bunch of young Ayr fans at the fence? They were all rightly pointing and laughing at him. Very hard stuff from the Pars fan who was pulled away by the police.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Did anyone else catch the utter fandan in the Pars support trying to start on a bunch of young Ayr fans at the fence? They were all rightly pointing and laughing at him. Very hard stuff from the Pars fan who was pulled away by the police.

Genuinely have to wonder what goes through these people's heads. We had one at Airdrie last year wanting a square go with the 12 year old ball boys who just laughed at him. 

There was a guy behind the goals at the Pars end who sat for the whole 90 minutes on the terrace with his head in his hands like he was having a mental breakdown or something he was so out of it. First question is why come all that way for that? Second question is how did he get into the ground? 

There was a guy behind the goals at the Pars end who sat for the whole 90 minutes on the terrace with his head in his hands like he was having a mental breakdown or something he was so out of it. First question is why come all that way for that? Second question is how did he get into the ground? 

He was able to tender £5 at the turnstile?

I'm sure we've both seen people who shouldn't have been allowed into the ground and it was more a rhetorical question. Although the last time we were at Ayr I'm sure the police or stewards stopped a guy from getting in despite his mates saying they'd look after him and him looking a bit more compos mentis  than the chap on the terrace yesterday. 

I'm sure we've both seen people who shouldn't have been allowed into the ground and it was more a rhetorical question. Although the last time we were at Ayr I'm sure the police or stewards stopped a guy from getting in despite his mates saying they'd look after him and him looking a bit more compos mentis  than the chap on the terrace yesterday. 

Can you ID him from Craig Brown's crowd snaps as I never saw him? (Oh hang on, if I never saw him, I hope it wasn't me!)

Archived