Big Sam

LinkinFighter

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to think of any Scottish club who sign lots of foreign players for surprisingly low fees then sell them for huge profits to the same side and agent tbh

If anyone's involved in some dodgy shit, it's 100% Accies. Don't take that away from us.

I don't really think he's done anything that bad from what he's said in those videos.

Obviously giving advice on how to get around transfer rules without breaking them is dodgy but it is it really a sackable offence? As soon as bungs were mentioned he didn't want to know.

The rest of the things said in the videos and mentioned in that list may make him seem like a bit of a dick and if said in public would be unprofessional but at the end of the day he thought he was talking in private.

There's not really anythimg wrong with the stuff he said about Hodsgon, Neville and Wembley it just seems like tabloid bullshit to me. I'd bet they're a bit disappointed they didn't get anything better out of him.

4 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

He's charging folk 400k for advising them on how to get around rules set by his employers, would think the punishment would be more than a slap on the wrist.

He's not though.  That's not what he's charging £400,000 for.  

And besides, he also states he'd need to "ask the powers that be" about making the presentation to potential investors in English football clubs.

I've never really been comfortable with the penchant newspapers have for trapping people like this.  Doesn't excuse the people that get caught by it, but just seems a bit shit to me.

Anyway, could easily argue for his sacking and him staying.  I'd fall on the side of the former, because the backlash will probably grow.  You'll get good honest Henry from down the Dog and Duck phoning up 606 and saying how much of a disgrace the guy is.  It's not going to matter that what he's done isn't really illegal or anything,  just ill advised.  If they'd gone out against Slovakia and absolutely pumped them, he'd have more credit, but there's not really anything from that game that saves him from a performance perspective.

Still, potentially good news for us for November.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/780706836647378944

I think Linekar's tweet says it all. The English FA have been one of the loudest voices against FIFA's corruption (mainly because it didn't benefit them) so anything less than being squeaky clean is going to be a massive issue.

I don't think they'll want to sack him as he seems like the best option they have in terms of managing the England team but I think they might feel obliged to.

54 minutes ago, forameus said:

Anyway, could easily argue for his sacking and him staying.  I'd fall on the side of the former, because the backlash will probably grow.  You'll get good honest Henry from down the Dog and Duck phoning up 606 and saying how much of a disgrace the guy is.  It's not going to matter that what he's done isn't really illegal or anything,  just ill advised.  If they'd gone out against Slovakia and absolutely pumped them, he'd have more credit, but there's not really anything from that game that saves him from a performance perspective.

Still, potentially good news for us for November.

And without a hint of irony go on to insist that 'Arry should get the job.

BBC Sportsday page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37157346

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is facing the media now and has started by offering support for England manager Sam Allardyce. "You have to let Sam Allardyce defend himself and I just hope he will clear his name," Wenger said." 

"Gunners and England forward Theo Walcott has been asked about the Sam Allardyce allegations and is steering well clear. "It is not even in my mind. I'm all about here," he says."

:lol:

Archived